Considering buying a boat

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are may be looking to buy used boat. The last one I had was an Belvedere Excel Tri-hull. Walking through a few dealers today, things have come a long way in the last 20 years! I am wanting to spend around $10,000.00 and looking for something to pull the kids around on a tube, go fishing or just going for a rip.

I would want an open bow and I think inboard. Can anyone recommend a boat they have owned or still own? There are just so many to look at and was hoping I could draw on others experiences as to what works well and what doesn't in that price range.

Thanks.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy a jet boat best allround boat take the kids for a ski on the lake or run the rocks on the river like to see a fiberglass boat follow me hahah :cool:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy a jet boat best allround boat take the kids for a ski on the lake or run the rocks on the river like to see a fiberglass boat follow me hahah :cool:
Lol he said 10k not 65k. I find it funny cause I am debating between a jet and a proper towboat right now.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol he said 10k not 65k. I find it funny cause I am debating between a jet and a proper towboat right now.

There is no debating in my eye bought a new eagle jet boat and i love it i pull the kids around on the tubes and skis then the next weekend i run the athabasca river and where your from i would have it in the north thompson river right now drove by clearwater last water is high

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
There is no debating in my eye bought a new eagle jet boat and i love it i pull the kids around on the tubes and skis then the next weekend i run the athabasca river and where your from i would have it in the north thompson river right now drove by clearwater last water is high

have to find out when you're up in Athabasca running boost! would meet you in town, have family lake lot just north of there!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Yes but my fiberglass boat will sleep 4 and is legal to drink on..... "best all round" is a matter of perspective thats like saying a truck camper is better than a 5th wheel because you can get it into tighter places....

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, ended up buying a Glastron SX 195 with a 5.0L Merc that was on consignment at a marina in Salmon Arm. 32hr round trip to bring her home, worth the trip as I couldn't find any comparable for condition, engine and length in Sask.

Attachments

• IMG-20120727-00254.jpg
    IMG-20120727-00254.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 142

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but my fiberglass boat will sleep 4 and is legal to drink on..... "best all round" is a matter of perspective thats like saying a truck camper is better than a 5th wheel because you can get it into tighter places....

Anything that lets me get into tighter spaces IS the best IMHO.

TB

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring
On
Another
Thousand

:D

you got it wrong my friend....

its

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

hahaha love the toys, but really if you buy your boat right they are very cheap to run IMO,, cheaoer then sledding and I can take 10 peeps out but only 4 months a year..... so everyone needs both

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a quote that goes " If it has tats or tires, it's gonna be trouble" the other half of that quote is " If it Flys Faks or Floats....rent it!!"

Top Bottom