Considering another sled part out

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have a new mountain cat on the way and I'm not sure what to do with the 14 snopro. I haven't parted a sled in a few years, us there still decent demand for used parts ? Sled is perfectly intact as of right now. But from what I.am seeing used sled prices are not great. Is a part out still an ok way to go?

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would part it out if it was me. There are too many new 2015 for sale cheap that will drive down the price of yours. Try to find a buyer for the motor first and the rest will sell eventually.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I definitely will agree that used sleds are very much at the bottom of the barrel in price. It is very hard to compete with dealer blowouts. Parting out seems like a good way to go Trevor. Those Cat motors are pretty bullet proof, so I don't know if it will be easy finding a new home for the motor!

Quattroman

Reaction score
Yea, unfortunately used prices arent great at all, and i agree, with discounts on a lot of last year models still sitting in the showrooms it doesnt help. You should be able to sell the plastics and skid bits off it easily as alot of older model owners like myself are looking to upgrade the 12-14 machines to the newer specs. But the engines are pretty bulletproof on these machines and you rarely hear of someone needing a cat motor cuz theirs went boom.

Every year i think about selling my 2 older proclimbs and upgrading, but they arent worth sweet eff all, and every year i put over 1500 problem free kms on each machine so whats the point.

Either way, if you part out, the vultures looking for newer plastics and narrow front end bits will start circling ;-)

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either way it's painful. Market is crap and so is dealing with people. When it comes time to sell someone is going to get a hell of a deal because I don't have the patience to piss around for 2 years or more. I still have clutches and electrical, seats, boxes of spare this and that. Burns my ass looking at it all

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd part it Trev. You have al to of good, useful parts on there that can still fetch some money. Splitting it up will get you more value than selling it as a whole right now.

Top Bottom