Considering a RZR. Got a couple questions.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Just to add to this thread...

wow those are some nice seats how much did that set you back

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

unreal man!

does anyone have a rzr900xp and go trail riding? or have a buddy who has a 900xp?

my friend just went on a poker rally today and hes trying to tell me the 900s are too big. i really like the 900 but i may have to go with the s.

ChrisG

Reaction score

I think you would be happy with either the standard or the s. Gobs of power you get out of the 900 isnt necesarily a benefit on cutlines or trails. IMO if you want to go screaming down the road at 80 MPH then go buy a shifter cart. I have had my 800 for 2 years 2800km with no issues with the exception of a burnt out belt and a modification needed for my differential mount. Best thing to do if you know anyone with the different models is take em for a test drive. As for the guys out there with rzrs, have you noticed the mount on the front diff that seems to bend/pull away due to the torque?
Chris

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to ride with a son or daughter just do what i did. My 4 yr old loves it. PRP 50/50 Bench Seat FTW
23mw08.jpg

How long till you think they will no longer fit in the middle. I'd like to do this for my daughter when she gets older.

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
Im not sure. My son is 4 and its not to bad. Even with all our winter gear on. Im 5'11 and 220. And my wife is 5'7 and 130. But my son is only like 35lbs. But he shoukd be good till at least 6 or 7 im thinking. By that time he will have a 170 rzr :)Stiff

..Stiffler..

Reaction score

Im happy with the 800. But there are times i wish i had more power like the xp. As for width just depends where you ride.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just looked at the stats, the 900 is only 3.5 inches wider then the rzr S. surely thats not gonna make a difference.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crank the preload on the shocks. If it's jacked up from the shocks it can be as narrow as 62". I have post this already. My brothers rzr900 is super cranked ip and 2" per side narrow compared to mime at stock adjustment. The 900 has a better motor. Trany. Clutches. It alot better as far as long term ridding goes

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree ,power of the 900 is great and a far better engine,drivetrain,etc.etc.

As far as suspension goes,the XP900 is great,the down side of course is it being wider than the S. Also the stock radius arms should be replaced with stronger and high clearence arms for the tough trails....
This nonsense of cranking the shocks is laughable though......HaHaHa. The XP is a RADIUS ARC suspension,so it`s widest stance is when the axles are at mid travel,or at half way through the arc. This is when the axle is close to paralell with the ground.
If you crank your preload up, you will suck the stance in slightly as you reach the botom of the arc,with more preload. Not as much as you claim ,but slightly...What hapens when you sit in it,with 2 people along with 200lbs of mud and ride it ????
Once the suspension travels through that arc ,LIKE it is designed to,you have the same arc/width !!!! If you remove your shocks and put a metal bar on there ,to keep the arc at its narrowest point you will stay slightly narrower....lol. For the suspension to work properly and have full travel it must travel the full arc.
Since this is a fully independent suspension ,on a rough trail one or more wheels will always be at max width at any time.......
You are doing three things by cranking your shocks to the max:
#1 Wearing out your springs prematurely.
#2 Reducing travel and adding a crappy ride.
#3 Getting more ground clearence.
Most of all , in riding conditions ,you are NOT narrowing your xp...................Except when you park it ,wash the mud off it,have a beer,and then measure it..........................lol:confused:

Last edited:

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my new XP, the power is unreal and the suspension is the best I've ridden yet. My buddy just bought a new S and with offset wheels he's almost 63". I'm not knocking the S but the power is not comparable.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my new XP, the power is unreal and the suspension is the best I've ridden yet. My buddy just bought a new S and with offset wheels he's almost 63". I'm not knocking the S but the power is not comparable.

Exactly. I carry a saw for the tight spots. Most trails now have been smashed wide from side by sides already. If you are a good driver you can fit the xp in trails. It's not like I ride with dirt bikes on a single track. Unlike the rzrgade I don't belongto every web site. I actually buy, own and ride the toys we r talking about. In one season my xp has been to waipours. Spelling? Bighorn. Horburg. Vega. Prarie creek. All over revelstoke and also my local trails at lake isle. I have never turned back yet cause I don't fit. Also the radius rods that bend easy and restrict clearance are cheap. Under 400 and rapid revolutions.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I carry a saw for the tight spots. Most trails now have been smashed wide from side by sides already. If you are a good driver you can fit the xp in trails. It's not like I ride with dirt bikes on a single track. Unlike the rzrgade I don't belongto every web site. I actually buy, own and ride the toys we r talking about. In one season my xp has been to waipours. Spelling? Bighorn. Horburg. Vega. Prarie creek. All over revelstoke and also my local trails at lake isle. I have never turned back yet cause I don't fit. Also the radius rods that bend easy and restrict clearance are cheap. Under 400 and rapid revolutions.

you sayin rzrgade don't own the same toys? he's anoying, but has a wealth of knowledge, again he reads the repair manual nightly, falls asleep looking up fluid change schedules

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don`t go tellin me about your fluid changes................Now give me a break,apparently i have to ride more..................lol

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you sayin rzrgade don't own the same toys? he's anoying, but has a wealth of knowledge, again he reads the repair manual nightly, falls asleep looking up fluid change schedules

X2
I've had a RZR for 3 years and this seem to be the only guy that has more opinions than I do. We will have to discuss further at the suds and buds fire pit, I'll fetch the fire wood.

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new 2012 walkers evans rzr..what you guys think of this machine..i know the upgraded shocks are great but whats new in the 2012 compared to other years?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking how much for the Walker Evans Rzr? I'm looking at picking up a Rzr this spring & dont really see much out there for good used so for the price may just go new. But really want the better suspension to start with.
What dealer did you get it from?

nd4spd

Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking how much for the Walker Evans Rzr? I'm looking at picking up a Rzr this spring & dont really see much out there for good used so for the price may just go new. But really want the better suspension to start with.
What dealer did you get it from?

buddy of mine just got a RZR LE from Mountain Toys in Cochrane and he was 12,500$ out the door.. not sure about the Walker Evans; she told me but I was day dreaming and not paying attention

Top Bottom