conditions west of rocky.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took a drive out to humminbird/onion lake area. not much snow 10 inches maybe. boundary tower area looks promising, tracked up, looks like lots of rocks and stumps showing. ranger creek is bad, have to cross the ram river and gravel past that. hummingbird, gravel showing.
if we get a foot of snow it should get better. until then i would not be riding a newer sled out there, looks like a lot of damage just waiting to happen.

another crappy year by the looks of it.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
thanks for the updade, supposed to get a little snow next couple of days but probably not enough. we will have to see what feb. brings us.:beer:

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
we tried to get into Ranger on the 26th,,,,,,,,, awful,,,,,, we need way more than a foot of snow,, made it into the narrow valley and was faced with pure rock, ice in creek,,,,, turened around and got out of there. a quad had fallen through ice on ram,,, must have winched out as it was 3 to 4 feet of rotten ice. I am working up high just east of Yaha Tinda ,,,,, can see there is very little snow south and west in the mnts...... have put all my tours in the foothills for now,,,,,,, have been fixing rentals,,,,,, trailing arms and bogies,,,,, yahoo :(

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah looks like sledding in the trees at this time. bring a saw, to clear the trail. definitely need a foot + of new snow. as brad says hard on the equipment.

Top Bottom