Conditions at Cypress Hills Sask

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
They shut the park down on April 3rd despite getting assurances from the parks guys that they would leave it open until the snow conditions were poor....GRRRRRRR!!!!! Don't even get me started on this!!!

Jan

Well that just sucks...

On a positive note, its still a bigger drive, but Beaver Mines has a TON of snow. Was out Sat and it was perfect!!

Cat Man

Reaction score
just wondering the same thing, theres alot on the alberta side but no trees, hills.....just ditch banging.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The park was open for a few weeks in December but they closed it again January 3rd 2012. It was very rode out and hard packed. I called out again today and it is still closed they are going to need a good solid foot to open it up again but you are still going to have to watch for plenty of landmines even with a foot.

Jan

Rufer19

Reaction score
Anyone been to Cypress this year yet? When does it normally open up? Any snow out that way?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The park is closed. They need a good foot before they will open they only have 4 or 5 inches.

I'll get on my soap box like I do every year please please please ride in bounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you go out of bounds you give the parks people reason to shut us down. This is a snowmobile area it is not open to quads it is for snowmobile use only. The signs with a snowmobile and a red X threw it means you can't ride there it also means you can't ride 10 feet from the sign. Stay in Bounds!!!!!!

Have I made myself clear? Any questions about what my point is???????

Jan

Last edited:
Top Bottom