common cat problem ?????

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing the odd thread popping up about a "bog" that seems to happen usually around the mid range.
Well this started happening to mine, I was sure it had to be clutching, but the clutches looked good, I took it in for a service, ASE got back to me with the problem.

I have read on other threads something about an exhuast sensor, but In my thick head I couldn't figure how an exhaust sensor could be responsible for this.

Turns our is that the failed sensor will put the sled in "limp mode" and thats when the rider gose over the handle bars.

So its slowly making sense to me now, just figured I'd toss this out for others experinacing the same problems.

:beer:

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My exhaust sensor just went as well on my 13 but in reading the service manuals it clearly states that a blown exhaust sensor will " not" put the sled into limp mode. You will see slow throttle response and lose some top end that's it. Sometimes it's not always the sensor either, can be the connection plug or a wire rubbed through. Pull the plug and check the resistance across the the 2 wires. If you see an open or 0 ohms or infinity then yes the sensor is shot. If the unit isn't under warranty save yourself a hundred bucks and buy the exhaust sensor from GM for a duramax. Exactly the same. Or if your brave you can wire in a 470 ohm resistor across the plug but make sure your up to operating temps before pinning it.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines an 09, its at ASE's shop in Sherwood Park. They did tell me 2 of my plug boots need replacing. But whoever I talked to in service said it was my exhaust sensor. As long as its fixed when I get it back I'll be happy. But thanks for the info I'll keep that in mind.

HCR800<3

Reaction score
I had an exhaust sensor blow out in mine and my sled never went into limp mode however it was flashing ECU-17 at me and 5 or 6 times it would just completely die and than be a really hard start. But after awhile of riding it, it just stopped and I lost some power. Yeah, over the handlebars isn't fun when it's cause your sled just decided to sh*t the bed lol.

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue this year, it was pretty brutal how much it killed the midrange.

What you need is

Only downside is you have to cut the connectors and solder the cables, still worth the massive savings in my books! I ran all of last year on it, works like a charm.

Top Bottom