Comments on used sled prices(kijiji)

TimG

Reaction score
It seems like Canadians have a different philosophy on this than Americans. Shopping on SW or KSL for sleds, it seems like the American attitude is "I have to get this thing out of my garage." Mid 90's stuff is commonly advertised for $500-$700. '99s to '01s are around $1000. '07s, $2500-$4000. Whatever similar machines are selling for is what they'll advertise theirs for. Canadians seem to have the idea that "I paid this much for it, put this much into it, so it must be worth this much, and if I don't get it, I'm not selling." It seems like Canadians can't stand the pain of losing money on something, so they'll advertise, advertise more, and keep advertising, but won't lower the price. Americans don't seem to think about it as much. I've seen sleds on SW a couple years old with a list of mods a page long with the caption "the price drops $100 every day until it's sold; today's price is $XX, tomorrow's price will be $YY." How many Canadians would do that?

I get the feeling that the used market is much more liquid in the states, with sleds actually selling, rather than the same ones being for sale month after month. I get pretty frustrated when I'm looking for a used sled, but the reality is probably that Canadians are more frugal, and less willing to lose big $ on their stuff. That attitude would explain why the U.S. is in more financial trouble than Canada right now. I do notice that sleds in the states are up a little compared to last year, maybe it's a sign that the ecomomy is improving there. Kijiji prices are ridonculous.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why should anyone have to lose money. That's why America is in the ch!t tank it's in. Buy it on credit and sell it for $2000 less than what you owe. Brings everything else down

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a difference between wanting to sell so you can buy something newer and being forced to sell because you live in a country where 1 in 10 people are unemployed and you need fast cash to make your next payment towards your mortgage on a house that's now worth less than half of what you paid for it.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing to be said however, is that if you found a buyer who truly appreciates the value of your sled, your laughing!!!! If not keep it, and tell the Wife to stuff it HAHAHAH

skidoomanfoo

Reaction score
It seems like Canadians have a different philosophy on this than Americans. Shopping on SW or KSL for sleds, it seems like the American attitude is "I have to get this thing out of my garage." Mid 90's stuff is commonly advertised for $500-$700. '99s to '01s are around $1000. '07s, $2500-$4000. Whatever similar machines are selling for is what they'll advertise theirs for. Canadians seem to have the idea that "I paid this much for it, put this much into it, so it must be worth this much, and if I don't get it, I'm not selling." It seems like Canadians can't stand the pain of losing money on something, so they'll advertise, advertise more, and keep advertising, but won't lower the price. Americans don't seem to think about it as much. I've seen sleds on SW a couple years old with a list of mods a page long with the caption "the price drops $100 every day until it's sold; today's price is $XX, tomorrow's price will be $YY." How many Canadians would do that?

I get the feeling that the used market is much more liquid in the states, with sleds actually selling, rather than the same ones being for sale month after month. I get pretty frustrated when I'm looking for a used sled, but the reality is probably that Canadians are more frugal, and less willing to lose big $ on their stuff. That attitude would explain why the U.S. is in more financial trouble than Canada right now. I do notice that sleds in the states are up a little compared to last year, maybe it's a sign that the ecomomy is improving there. Kijiji prices are ridonculous.

hardly fair. i bought a nice sled for 2 grand. the sleds are there you just need to find them first. and us canadians arent stuck up, most of those sleds are probably in really good shape and have aftermarket product in them.

making them worth their price.

Off_Kilter

Reaction score
you really need to do a lot of searching to find the good deals I find.

I just picked up an 03 mountain cat 900 with 800 miles for 3300 i think i did pretty good.

jaake67

Reaction score
There is a really nice 889 for sale on kijji and on this site. Good price and I'm not saying that because its mine...lol

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a really nice 889 for sale on kijji and on this site. Good price and I'm not saying that because its mine...lol

That is a nice sled. The chassis is 3yrs old now, that's what people look at. I wish you luck getting what you are asking though.

Top Bottom