Commander Mod thread...

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On another note, who is running doors? I have a set of blingstars on my commander and I am looking for a door bag. Bling star does not make a bag yet...has anyone had any success? I am looking for a knee / door bag set up. I like the PRP and the pro armour. I am sure a guy could make either one work with Velcro strips ect....just looking for those that have them installed.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the pro armor door bags on mine, I like them. they won't keep your stuff dry if you're mudding, but it stays clean. they hold a lot of stuff, but if you pack them too full they will expand and interfere with closing the door when the full bag hits the seat. nice thing about them is that they buckle onto the mount straps so you can just pop them off to wash them or the machine.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the muzzy full exhaust and tune this week as wheel as a new set of rims with the stock bighorns. 30" zillas are not easy to turn without power steering. Wondering if anyone is using the rackzilla and and the benefits???

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Your best bet is to install an after market power steering kit. The rackzilla is HD steering upgrade to prevent breakage ( comes with HD tie rods ). There a few tighter ratio steering kits on the market too. Power steering is a better money spent IMO. You need to either sleeve the stock tie rods too. Stock ones will bend and or break on the first impact. If you plan on taking the unit to the dunes in the summer, I would header wrap the exhaust or pull it out, ceramic coat it and then header wrap it. Put a manual fan over ride switch so you can turn the fan when and leave it on when riding in hot outside temps.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so. report on the muzzy exhaust and tune.....saweet...noticable gains on the bottom end. Better response out of the hole.

Sport low to go on this week...

Looking for a lift kit...any one have one in stock or used? looking for a 3 -4 " using stock axels.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guy has to try eh....I have been all over mav addiction and associated fb pages. They are very tuff to find...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to probably go to super atv arched arms and the a bracket lift. 3"
I wouldn't try the bracket lift myself, that will over extend your cv joints and you're guaranteed to start breaking them. go with new springs or bite the bullet and go with a catvos lift. have you tried Can-Am Commander Forum anything you ever want to know about modding a commander is there, with plenty of guys that have done lifts and know what works and what doesn't. save yourself some money and headaches man

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't try the bracket lift myself, that will over extend your cv joints and you're guaranteed to start breaking them. go with new springs or bite the bullet and go with a catvos lift. have you tried Can-Am Commander Forum anything you ever want to know about modding a commander is there, with plenty of guys that have done lifts and know what works and what doesn't. save yourself some money and headaches man
Catvos.....mucho money..

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catvos.....mucho money..
yep. but a well designed kit that works. best bang for your buck is springs tho. either the hilifters or the RT setup, if you want to run stock axles. my buddy has his home-lifted and running turners, I think they were almost 500 per axle. his machine works good

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at bruderheim yesterday. That timer with the exhaust makes a huge difference. Woke the machine up big time. Epi clutch helped out as well. Great back shift. Whoever does not have a clutch kit needs to get one....

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at bruderheim yesterday. That timer with the exhaust makes a huge difference. Woke the machine up big time. Epi clutch helped out as well. Great back shift. Whoever does not have a clutch kit needs to get one....

Is there any reason to go with a clutch if not mud bogging? I wouldn't mind a lower rpm engagement for lower speed hill climbing but I think a simply kit can do this.

Top Bottom