Commander Mod thread...

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did the EPI big tire clutch kit...:d huge throttle response. Woke the tank up...big time. Anyone using a different kit? I am going to install the sport low next week before we head to saint Anthony dunes in Idaho. As well as a muzzy exhaust and tuner...

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got mud...

Attachments

• IMG-20130712-00115.jpg
    IMG-20130712-00115.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 243

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo, have you done any other mods to your rig? Exhaust ect? Wondering the gains you found?

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an 800 to prevent having another money pit, so no engine mods on this unit. It actually does very well power wise with the mountain trails I'm on, running in the dunes would be a different story though. As for mods, I built my own sport-low mod for $0.12, have a Racer Tech 2" lift and new springs, rear winch and lots of LED lighting. The RT dual rate springs improved the ride by at least 50% and would probably help your heavy setup by 100%. The factory springs are garbage even when new.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just changed out the old rear seats to a better set up for the kids from Rhino toyz in Calgary....great set up and the kids like it a lot more. Better seat, more cross bracing and the car seats fit in the new seat as well.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an 800 to prevent having another money pit, so no engine mods on this unit. It actually does very well power wise with the mountain trails I'm on, running in the dunes would be a different story though. As for mods, I built my own sport-low mod for $0.12, have a Racer Tech 2" lift and new springs, rear winch and lots of LED lighting. The RT dual rate springs improved the ride by at least 50% and would probably help your heavy setup by 100%. The factory springs are garbage even when new.
Where did you get your kit from? And how much?

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a new XT-P 1000.... I won't be putting any money into it other than a few assesories. It's a Farm Implement. It's loud, rough and dusty. Miss my RZR already.

You went from a sport model to a utility model. No surprise on your impressions, should have bought a Maverick I guess.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used racertech springs/ lifts in the past ( rzrs only) with great success. They build great stuff that works...
They race/ride & develop stuff....not resell othr people's stuff...

Great outfit.....imho

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RT dual rate springs are just over 450, or you can get the 2 inch lift and springs combo kit for just under 600. the guys on the commander forums that have their kits say they are completely happy with them, there were some issues with the rear brackets on the gen 1 kits but they have been addressed and the gen 2 brackets are better. once my springs are sacked out I'm going to go with the RT combo kit

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh, and I also have a set of 4 brand new in the box yellow highlifter springs for an XT model commander for sale....they are a lot stiffer and might work for your 4 seater conversion.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RT dual rate springs are just over 450, or you can get the 2 inch lift and springs combo kit for just under 600.

What's the price on the springs?? Nice pics....

About that much.

Also, I wouldn't wait until your OEM springs are sacked out cause they come that way from BRP. Believe me, I was very skeptical on how much new springs improved the ride, but they are worth it. I read many times that the XT shocks with the RT springs performed better than the stock Fox shock setup and now I can testify to that.

Top Bottom