Cold hands

Vets07

Reaction score
It may seem a little gay or stupid looking but if you are having trouble with cold hands but I have found a pair of the gauntlets that you tie on the handle bars to be absolutely awesome. I have a lot of scar tissue on my finger tips and they get cold easy so when I was down north I used the gauntlets and all I needed were a pair of light gloves.

I don't wear them in the mountains as it isn't cold enough but they doo work......just saying.

I agree i have a pair of ones like these but they have a drawstring on both ends. They are awesome in really cold weather i used to use them back in sask all the time all you need is thin gloves under and heated handle bars.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was gonna say I hate it when she has cold hands but you guys are talking about gloves so...

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have good handlebard heaters then I would suggest thinner gloves. I wear the Klim Inversion gloves they're my favorite piece of riding gear, can't live without them! I keep a pair under my hood, and if my gloves get wet I swap them out with dry, warm ones. I carried a more insulated pair as well all year, but when I put them on I cant feel the heat from the bars and my hands get cold. I still carry them in case my heaters fail.

I never carry spare gloves in my pack. If you need to use them they will be cold, and that won't help you warm up.

You can also use the heat from your exhaust to warm your hands up in a pinch, don't get too close though :)

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't had anyone look at my hands but maybe I should.

Very good point about thin gloves to let the heat through from the warmers. is their such a thing of gloves, or mitts that have thin palm but well insulated on the back?

Thanks all for your knowledge!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Very good point about thin gloves to let the heat through from the warmers. is their such a thing of gloves, or mitts that have thin palm but well insulated on the back?

My Klim gloves have a center peice. You put your hands above the center lining so that the insulation is under your palm. If you put your hand under the center lining, the glove is thinner at the palm and more insulated at the back... Works very well for changing temperature conditions.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tiny hands so lots don't come small enough :( but I love my True North gloves, I have both the gauntlet style for trail in and the shorter ones for riding. I generally go through 3 pairs in good day. I have my fav trail gloves and two thinner ones for riding...and a spare. I have some HMK gloves too that have the removable lining...those are a nice glove with the liner option and a shorter gauntlet. Get a tad wet...and seem to freeze solid then, but so do others on 'those' days. :) Can't go wrong with a good glove, one with waterproofing. I agree on the thinner glove lets you feel the bar heat.

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
full on mitts for the trail in- i use black diamond with a built in 1/2 glove inside and removable insert. I got them in a ski and snowboard store- they were around $140 and worth every penny. Tuck those in my bag once we are in the alpine, shreddin' diggin' and heatin' and put on my klim gloves!! I tried motorfist but i washed them once and the inside inverted on itself and i can't get my thumb in anymore. I have tried everything and it pisses me off cuz they are brand new. They were never that warm anyway. On the way down i put my big ol mittens back on and gooooooooo!! I always have a third pair of gloves for just in case in my backpack too...

don't wash your gloves!!! YOU CAN HAND WASH BUT NEVER PUT ANY GLOVE IN A WASHING MACHINE.

PM me mamma. maybe I can help

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I usually just wear mechanics gloves, with the heaters on and go through about 5 pairs a day. I had the luxury of trying som MF gaunlet gloves this year, they are thin and comfy. I was so impressed by them. I getting my own, and a pair of stomper boots(haven't tried the boots yet).
Also I have poor circulation due to me being a smoker, as well I have had 3rd degree frost bite on 2 fingers and thumb on my left hand. 6 outta 6 Doctors told me I was going to lose all 3, but I still have them :)
I highly recommend the MF Valkery gloves, jmo.

Last edited:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
farkin gloves are the bane of my winter ... !!!
I've had about 900 pair of gloves in the last 9 years and apart from BIG leath mitts for the ride in and out I'm pissed !!!
I tryed klim for a light weight glove and was FARKIN DISAPPPOINTED !!! = LAME !!! if it was a dog I woulda shot it ... riped off !!! sweated palm and wrist yet frozen fingers. take the glove off and farkin good luck gettin it back on. lame!
I carry at least 4 pairs at all times (yes I carry a BIG pack) I swap gloves all the time for digging out sleds, snowboarding, hiking, highmarking, sled recovery, etc etc.
I did 142 days on snow last season and 137 the year before and I'm still not happy.
yes I clearly have finger issues, toes are good tho...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I always found the big sled gloves to be cumbersome, so I wear a motorcross style glove with the leather/plastic padding on the outside of the fingers, but thin palms. They do not have a lot of padding though which means when you are tugging sleds out, they do get wetter faster than some other gloves. I have another pair of gloves (forget the name) and they are thin as well, but super warm. I wear them on colder days, but again, they will be wet by early afternoon and need to be changed. I can get the name off them if you want.

Top Bottom