Cold hands

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one hand that I have damaged something in it. I felt something hitting my hand one time and wondered what it was, looked and it was my finger (wasn't wearing gloves)...I have one finger that freezes to the point I cant feel it. Both hands aren't the best for circulation. I paid some pretty good money for some gloves at Marks, they are OK but the lining wants to keep pulling out of them when I take my hands out.
So my question is pay the big money for sled gloves???? What is everyone using??

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have heated handlebars? If your bars are heated you just need something big to block the wind and dry for the ride out?depends on what kind of riding you do.I where a small pair most of the time and then switch out for the dry ones at the end of the day.those hand guards help block the wind too if your hands are out in the open.lots of variables

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent the money and went with the masses, bought Klim gloves. Hated them. Hands sweat a bit and when you take them off I guess it was some of the liner would pull out of the fingers. They were a bitch to get back on. Now I wear Motorfist W.O.T gloves for riding and keep a spare pair for the ride out. But honestly the best pair I have ever had were FXR backshift gloves.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I do have very good hand warmers and I bought some air deflectors which do seem to help (hands are way above the wind screen with the handle bar risers.)

I have the same ones Katie has on her sled.

a5bb9718.jpg

Still some days when its really cold its all I can do to keep riding. A second set is a very good idea........ it is usually at the end of the day when they get really cold. Just have to find some where warm to keep them as my hands would never warm the inside of the gloves up. I have a belt bag where I usually keep Gatorade, might have room for both.

Edit

some of the liner would pull out of the fingers.
Exactly. Everyone is long gone and I'm siting there trying to get my hands in my gloves....

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full on mitts for the trail in- I use Black Diamond with a built in 1/2 glove inside and removable insert. I got them in a ski and snowboard store- they were around $140 and worth every penny. Tuck those in my bag once we are in the alpine, shreddin' diggin' and heatin' and put on my Klim gloves!! I tried Motorfist but I washed them once and the inside inverted on itself and I can't get my thumb in anymore. I have tried everything and it pisses me off cuz they are brand new. They were never that warm anyway. On the way down I put my big ol mittens back on and gooooooooo!! I always have a third pair of gloves for just in case in my backpack too...

Reactions: cs5

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It may seem a little gay or stupid looking but if you are having trouble with cold hands but I have found a pair of the gauntlets that you tie on the handle bars to be absolutely awesome. I have a lot of scar tissue on my finger tips and they get cold easy so when I was down north I used the gauntlets and all I needed were a pair of light gloves.

I don't wear them in the mountains as it isn't cold enough but they doo work......just saying.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe you need to use mits....big ass beaver fur mits with the strings going up the arms of your jacket. You probably won't find those at the sled show!!!! ...my hands stay warm most of the time..i had a pair of klim ones and just ditched the liner,not sure what i have now.hot hands in your gloves!!!

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo has some good gloves small light wait but amazingly warm I will get the part # tomorrow

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
maybe you need to use mits....big ass beaver fur mits with the strings going up the arms of your jacket. You probably won't find those at the sled show!!!!

No I won't but I know where there is a pair!!!!

Be my luck to get that idiot string caught in the track and wrap it around my neck a time or two...............hahahahaha

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya Doug probably has the matching hat circa 1920's Hudson Bay company stuff probably handed down from Albert Johnston aka the mad trapper

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have nerve damage in my pinky so it gets ice cold right quick. the key is heated grips and a dry glove. as long as your keeping your gloves dry it should help. maybe pop a couple niacin into your diet to help with circulation. I use the motor fist glove, works good. if they get wet, i swap them out to another pair i keep in my back pack.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Have you seen a chiropractor about your hands? That may be able to help you out with the circulation bit. Are you layering? With our kids we put a knit layer on and then we use a thicker layer but you need room for an air space too. Have you tried the hot pocket things? Don't put them right against your skin though I find they get too warm.

We sell the Skinz hand guards which helps to block the wind. I have the black on black in stock in both the trail and pro series.

Jan

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ya Doug probably has the matching hat circa 1920's Hudson Bay company stuff probably handed down from Albert Johnston aka the mad trapper

You must mean this one, eh! Check-out the old AC bibs in that picture (not quite Hudson's Bay stuff but I keep some pretty old things around to remind me of the "good ol' days!

100_0765.jpg

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo has some good gloves small light wait but amazingly warm I will get the part # tomorrow

X2 and and love mine, wreck mine using for work and will buy new pair this yr, and damm liner does not pull out like most.......

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have motorfist gloves for riding and a cheap set of snowboard mitts for the trail and in my pack I always bring the sticker type warmers just in case, also installed hand guards, frost bite from work and general abuse make my hands a little temperamental with temperature, best hands down is mitts on the trail though, more over being dry is comfort you get from the higher end sledding gloves, tried the cheap klim ones, made my hands sore just too bulky, moved to the leather palm klims and was much happier they're dry and comfortable, moved to the motorfist Valkyrie leather palms purely due to cheaper pricing, just as good as the klims only fit my hands a little better and they warrantied a pair I chewed up on my running boards, prefer them to all of my others,

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best solution that I've found is to use a pair of thick leather outer gloves and bring three or four knit liners along and change the liners when they get wet. Always save a dry pair for the trail ride out, if your hands are wet they will get cold.

Top Bottom