Cold air intake kit problem

kwseba1

Reaction score
I have had issues with my cold air intake kit. Its great most of the time, however, when the snow conditions are just right (with a couple of feet of new fresh powder and cold weather) I find that I end up with snow covering the cold air intake. I contribute a bog and lousy throttle response to this. I have taken the shroud out so that it takes in warm air from the engine, hoping that it would fix it. I would give up cold dense air to at least have better throttle response. I have frog skins almost everywhere and where I dont I have duct taped. If anyone knows how to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated. I know its alot to ask but could I get serious feedback. lol. Im talking about you doo guys. I know what your going to recommend... a xm. Id like to see if I cant fix it first. thanks anyway!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the D&D fire breather intake on an 09 M8 and i rode the deepest powder of my life last year and only had one stuck due to bogging out with a pile of snow on the hood. I never once had snow under the hood piling up around the filter.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My solution was putting a skinz airframe hood on my M1000, and modifying the stock airbox. I have tried the BDX cold air intake, but wasn't very impressed with it especially in fine powder snow. The M1K needs to breathe, the stock box with minor mods seems to work the best, and certainly more consistant...but a mesh hood is the way to go in terms of performance

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock air box with some flow rites and skins work best for cats, you get fresh air rather than hot engine air, moisture and an iced up intake

Catberg

Reaction score
I went with the timbersled intake on my 2010 M1000 with slp exhaust, boondocker box and Cutler tm weights, bdx secondary with a Cutler torsional update. It gets warm air but never misses a beat now. I just came back from Revy. I didn't see the hood very much the whole time I was there.

kwseba1

Reaction score
so... Im just wondering, did you have the bdx cold air kit and take it off, or did you always have the timberled one on? How is the timbersled one different, Im not familiar with it.

Mr Doo

Reaction score
Hey there Joekikass, where did you cut in for your flo rites ? I have the same issue of icing up and from all of the suggestions here I like yours the best, can you upload any pictures ? Thanks.

cat925

Reaction score
Hey there Joekikass, where did you cut in for your flo rites ? I have the same issue of icing up and from all of the suggestions here I like yours the best, can you upload any pictures ? Thanks.
Stock air box is best with the proper mods joekikass did it right post some pics joe help us out

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic-Cat-Air-Box-Vent.jpg www.moflowvents.com

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

Just hole saw two holes, clean out and giver! You can also replace your air horn for better flow

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What sled are you on? The 1000's are way more susceptible to exhaust bog than the m8's.
If it's a 1000, speedwerx tunnel dumper can.

Top Bottom