Cmxbk

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running the CMX snow bike kit this year?

Looks interesting......

CMXBK%u00252B6-13-15%2BCOOKE%2B1ST%2BRUN%2B018.JPG

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Looks weird, I wonder how it will turn with the 2 ski idea? The Yeti would be my choice I think

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10507089_848385838571529_105591633779234051_o.jpg

USD, so cost is comparable to the Yeti...
Belt drive, weight for the 120 is under 110 pounds I believe
CMXBK Pricing: 120" $6495.00 129" $6795.00 137" $7295.00

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Interesting, will have to look into it a bit more as I'm probably going to be building a bike this year. I wonder what is stopping one ski from going one way and there other ski going the opposite? Wouldn't want to snap a fork off

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think snow might stick and freeze on those spindles, similar to what happened to the Yamaha sleds with the pogo stick front ends.
But CMX has a good rep of building things that work really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRed1

Reaction score
I understand it was an x polaris engineer that designed the front end for cmx bike. He also owns Raptor shocks ( a very good product ) if you log onto raptor web site he explains the story behind his design. I believe it would be easier ride but everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Anyways check it out

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CMX and Raptor are both very experienced in the snow world. I wouldn't have any reservations regarding their products. It is nice to see a quality shock on a snowbike skid finally!

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would take some special suspension tuning to use that front end setup. Wouldn't work on alot of new bikes where the forks have separate functions like the Showa SFF or the WP 4CS.

Biggs456

Reaction score
Website
www.raptorshocks.com
Would take some special suspension tuning to use that front end setup. Wouldn't work on alot of new bikes where the forks have separate functions like the Showa SFF or the WP 4CS.

Ducati is right about the SFF forks. We don't say that they will work but we haven't tested them yet to determine that for certain. Our X2 Dual Ski kits have not been tested on them yet for a couple of reasons:
a)We hear that the SFF forks are not good in the cold.
b)As far as bikes for snowbike applications the SFF forks are on the new Kawi 450 and Suzuki 450. When we looked at bikes, those were near the bottom of our target list based on some research of what bikes are being used.

The 4CS forks do work. Even though they have separate compression and rebound in each leg, there is actually still comp/reb in each leg. The 4CS also still have springs in both fork legs so the forks work in our system.

As far as the special tuning, the total opposite is true. We find it takes less than the single ski systems but I will try to expand on that in another post.

Glad to see the discussion started. I'll keep an eye on it and try to stay on top of getting answers quickly.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ducati is right about the SFF forks. We don't say that they will work but we haven't tested them yet to determine that for certain. Our X2 Dual Ski kits have not been tested on them yet for a couple of reasons:
a)We hear that the SFF forks are not good in the cold.
b)As far as bikes for snowbike applications the SFF forks are on the new Kawi 450 and Suzuki 450. When we looked at bikes, those were near the bottom of our target list based on some research of what bikes are being used.

The 4CS forks do work. Even though they have separate compression and rebound in each leg, there is actually still comp/reb in each leg. The 4CS also still have springs in both fork legs so the forks work in our system.

As far as the special tuning, the total opposite is true. We find it takes less than the single ski systems but I will try to expand on that in another post.

Glad to see the discussion started. I'll keep an eye on it and try to stay on top of getting answers quickly.

Good clarification on that, thanks for the post. By tuning i was more meaning with the fork setups that are separate function. Interesting concept for sure.

Biggs456

Reaction score
Website
www.raptorshocks.com
To expand on the tuning of the forks from earlier:

What we found when running the TS single ski was that it was so aggressive in the crusty snow and hardpack that it felt like having the brake on about 30%. Always felt like the bike was diving and we were determined we needed more spring in the forks to compensate for that.

When we tested our twin ski designs, that feeling was non-existent. Couple of reasons in our design that we knew would make a significant difference in that aspect.
-First one is that the skis are wider overall(2 x 7" skis) and we are packing for the entire track, reducing track drag.
-Second reason was our ski carbides are not as aggressive. (We do have three per ski so in total we feel like we are not losing any traction ability at all)

What that means is that we ride the stock forks without getting into the internals because the system is that efficient. Don't get me wrong, there are riders that will still feel like they need to do it and tuning can go always further improve things, but we are advising people that buy our kits to not dig into the forks yet if they haven't already. Ride it and see how it feels. It's a significant difference out of the gate. Most of the guys we had ride them would leave the trailer and stop after 50 yards and look back at us is disbelief at how different it is.

We've been riding them for 2.5 seasons and are excited to hear more feedback now that they are getting into the hands of other riders.

I should also clarify that the title of the thread is CMXBK. I don't mean to hijack it. We developed and designed the front dual ski system. We sell it as an aftermarket product for any of the rear kits. If you haven't already seen it, here's a quick video we did earlier this year that talks a little bit about who we are and the X2:

New Product Release from Raptor Shocks... Introducing the X2!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No hijack at all, the information is greatly appreciated!

You also supply the shocks used in the skid, correct? Are those shocks tuned rider specific, or are they more generic?

Last edited:

Biggs456

Reaction score
Website
www.raptorshocks.com
Ho hijack at all, the information is greatly appreciated!

You also supply the shocks used in the skid, correct? Are those shocks tuned rider specific, or are they more generic?

We do build the monotube shocks CMX is using in their kits. Those shocks are tuned to their specs. We're working on some piggybacks for some of the other kits this winter. We started on them last year for TS but never got to finish development with the crappy conditions and being busy getting ready to release the X2. We also have a triple rate kit for the TS Fox shocks that is a nice upgrade for the price. Lots of guys diggin' that setup.

Timbersled Mountain Horse Triple Rate Spring Kit - Raptor Performance Shocks

Top Bottom