CMH chopper shenanigans!

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most the chopper pilots I know are sledders too. He might not of seen you. Best to talk to Alpine Helicopters first before going to the feds as that who supplies machines to CMH.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So mayby some recall my story a couple years back when I had a CMH chopper come up on behind me like something off the Platoon movie, not even 50ft off the ground, blocked my path and flip me the bird.

this weekend... Guess what. This time he come at me and some guys head on less then 50ft off the ground. Also I don't know much about helicopters but why was that thing incredible noisy over me and my group but over by the skiers it was whisper quit. Pretty much making me hard of hearing.

is there any way to report these guys and there shenanigans? With go pros mounted now it is pretty evident. 3 times Will be a charm for this pilot.

Most the chopper pilots I know are sledders too. He might not of seen you. Best to talk to Alpine Helicopters first before going to the feds as that who supplies machines to CMH.
Pretty sure he saw him.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Step A. Remove probe from avalanche bag
Step B. Deploy Probe
Step C. Javelin probe towards inside of rotor
Step D.Quickly move in opposite direction of rapidly spinning helicopter.
Step e. Don't forget to not look back, and keep riding all the good snow with no tracks

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
had the same thing happen to us in quartz. Was up on a ridge. Wasn't riding in park. Got a picture of the chopper and you can clearly see how close it came. Cant seem to post pic from my computer for some reason. Maybe next time ill launch a bear banger near them. See how they like it. If someone can help me post pic i will.

posted the picture for "chump" on the site....

Attachments

• HELI.jpg
    HELI.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most pilots I know either sled or would love to sled. You tend to get some cmh staff that have been hanging off tight pant heli guide nuts for too long

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to me in whistler sometime ago! But they wanted us to ride so they could film us for a whistler promo video.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was camping in Waterton about 10 years ago and the fire crews were taking off a few hundred yards from the campsite. I grabbed my camera and hiked to the top of the nearest hill. It was a big chopper and he came straight at me about 50 or so feet above me. Coolest thing I've shot with my camera. It's somewhere in my house on a mini DV tape.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were there any old sled tracks in areas where they didn't need to be? There's plenty of terrain there to ride without POing CMH. Maybe some other sledders were 'making friends'.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
That is close.... Bastages!!!

Thats not close. This is close. Fun day this was. Broke down on the trail and knew my buddy was coming in with his jet ranger. Turned on my 2 way and only 5 min waiting picked him up coming over pettipiece pass. He stopped and picked me up then we flew up to the cabin and followed the rest of my group around. We were 5' off the ground at times.
http://youtu.be/0TSWruLIyis

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wicked!

Thats not close. This is close. Fun day this was. Broke down on the trail and knew my buddy was coming in with his jet ranger. Turned on my 2 way and only 5 min waiting picked him up coming over pettipiece pass. He stopped and picked me up then we flew up to the cabin and followed the rest of my group around. We were 5' off the ground at times.
http://youtu.be/0TSWruLIyis

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, that CMH arsehole may be your new best friend if you need a lift off a mountain in a hurry.
He's no different than that guy who idles his diesel in front of the hotel at 5am or rolls coal through a crosswalk etc.

Top Bottom