clutching

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried the p-85 with team secondary setup in the new
x 163 e tec. I was riding deep pow in the renshaw and noticed after holding it wot
for what seemed like 5 min on a climb it would shift up and i would loose prob about
200 rpm. It was only at the very end of the climb.
I have the p-85 and team setup on my 06, and that thing just saws all day
no lose of rpm.
I thinking of changing my new one over.

any thought??

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spi clutch kits in stock which totally change this sled into a bunch of fun. Helix,two springs,3 ramps,and adjustable pins for $340.00cdn. Also TPI has come out with a shim kit to allow us to adjust the move able sheave to belt side clearance which plays probably the biggest role in the tra's problem. This measurement is critical as it changes your engagement and the mechanical efficiency of the primary through out the whole rpm range. Most of the tra's i put the kit into measure in excess of .070" ideal clearance is .015-.020" This gives you a much more positive engagement(easier on belts) and runs the belt higher in the primary which increases track speed and provides a better ratio between your clutches in all rpm ranges. The tpi kit is $50.00. Most of you are probably finding that your sleds will not maintain rpm and track speed.This combination will fix that.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spi clutch kits in stock which totally change this sled into a bunch of fun. Helix,two springs,3 ramps,and adjustable pins for $340.00cdn. Also TPI has come out with a shim kit to allow us to adjust the move able sheave to belt side clearance which plays probably the biggest role in the tra's problem. This measurement is critical as it changes your engagement and the mechanical efficiency of the primary through out the whole rpm range. Most of the tra's i put the kit into measure in excess of .070" ideal clearance is .015-.020" This gives you a much more positive engagement(easier on belts) and runs the belt higher in the primary which increases track speed and provides a better ratio between your clutches in all rpm ranges. The tpi kit is $50.00. Most of you are probably finding that your sleds will not maintain rpm and track speed.This combination will fix that.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Get me one Dean! I been meaning to call you about that.

driller

Reaction score
Hello Powderchowder
What is the rpm like on the trail compared to the tra.
Heard that with the p85 on the trail the rpms were pretty high compared to the tra.
Looking a putting a p85 on my 07 xrs

Top Bottom