Clutching rebuild kits?

-rossco-

Reaction score
Hey guys got a few days riding in this year already...had to bump my clickers up to 6 to get my rpm...i thought maybe it was my belt still had the original one on with 2200km....changed it and it didn't change anything...sled still pulls strong just wondering if maybe it need some new springs or even just throw a clutch kit in it?? any input would be awesome......2015 xm 800 163

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed rooster built kit at approx. 3200k for piece of mind. No complaints here with the kit, good back shifting and bottom end.

gofast89

Reaction score
I "rebuild" and a good cleaning every year. Easy maintenance. Could be your bushings, sticky roller, sticky arms. Dont know till inspected

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless there is something you really don't like about the stock clutching a kit doesn't make a big difference like they used to because the stock clutching has gotten a lot better. At 2200km it probably has sticky arms, worn out spring cup bushing, and a sacked primary spring. Replace what needs replacing and clean/service the rest.

butthead

Reaction score
does any one know if the ramps move freely
i can get them to move when i move clicker to 6 but they do not freely move back on the the clicker cam.
i have to tap the ramp to get it to sit on clicker 1 when moved

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's normal, they are tight. Centrifugal force when running pushes them back. Important to torque those bolts and not over tighten them.

butthead

Reaction score
That's normal, they are tight. Centrifugal force when running pushes them back. Important to torque those bolts and not over tighten them.[/QUOTE

thank you very much for that
any idea what the torque is on that

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are the specs from my shop manual.
Word of caution, watch for inch pounds and foot pounds on the two specs.

Tighten ramp screws to specification12 N•m
(106lbf•in)

Tighten lever screws to specification.
TIGHTENING TORQUE
Lever screws I 25 N•m (18lbf•ft )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom