Clutching probems?

Trencher

Reaction score
Hey all,

got another question for you all. i have a 2006 700 rmk 144". I as out riding yesterday on the center of alberta trail. My machine was bogging out. I started it up and let it warm up for about 10min. Through out my ride it was a little boggy. At first it was when i punched it. Though later on i was following a couple of guys and was riding the trail and my sled was revin around 5000 to 5150 for extend periods of time (5 ti 15 min) then when i went to accelerate it did not want to take off like it should almost like it wasn't backshifting properly. i would have to burp the throttle to get it to kick down and hit the power band. I just cleaned my secondary clutch so i was wondering if this would be something to do with my primary or hopefully something else less complicated such as bad gas. Just lookin for any info on this. It would be greatly appreiciated.

Thanks,

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I would check your reeds if you have them.

How old is the gas that you have in it?

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gas was new but from fort assinaboine. And my motor is still stock.

I would use some sand paper on your clutch surfaces to rough them up...better grip...and also see that they aren't oily and same with your belt...maybe give it a good wash too.

Trencher

Reaction score
What Kind of sand paper... i am assuming somthing like a 400 or even an 800 wet/dry or something courser. How much trouble is it to take apart you primary clutch?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
What Kind of sand paper... i am assuming somthing like a 400 or even an 800 wet/dry or something courser. How much trouble is it to take apart you primary clutch?

use emery cloth.

Trencher

Reaction score
Just a quick buff i'm assuming. the belt is a aftermarket with bigger cooling fins and there was a little fuzz underneath from this ride. I clean and check it every ride since i heard ithey eat up belts.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well i know on my old 440 i ahd that problem and it was a wron out clutch on the verge of no return
and u can take the srping out and i dunno about that one...but u might need to use a spider tool...our local shop should have one...when i got my clutxh rebuilt we brought it to a shop cause some idiot broke into our shop a couple years ago and stole our spider tool stole half a snowmobile motor that was blown but he got the good part
the clutch costed around 250$ to get rebuilt

Trencher

Reaction score
well i know on my old 440 i ahd that problem and it was a wron out clutch on the verge of no return
and u can take the srping out and i dunno about that one...but u might need to use a spider tool...our local shop should have one...when i got my clutxh rebuilt we brought it to a shop cause some idiot broke into our shop a couple years ago and stole our spider tool stole half a snowmobile motor that was blown but he got the good part
the clutch costed around 250$ to get rebuilt

But would it just go like that. I was out by goose tower on thurs and rode hard all day, Came home had not a lick of problems all day out there. When i loaded up again friday night it was kickin good ... I live in Spruce Grove, and everyone knows you have to have alittle fun before you load..... So i was ripping up and down the new devlopment by my house. Then my sled sat in the back of my truck all night. Filled it with fuel in the am unloaded and with in 2 min after i warmed it up it started to do it

Trencher

Reaction score
While sun of a beach.... I hope it may be something simpler than that but per hap i will pull my yprimary off and start taking a peek at it.

Trencher

Reaction score
No but my neighbor does. He is out riding in Swan hills today though so he wont miss it for a couple hours. Do you really need it?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look at your clutch surfaces you will see residue, I would not suspect that you clutch faces are dirty if you don't see any scum on them. I would be leaning more to the need service side though. How many KM on your machine? I am not really familar with polaris clutches, but i did stay at a holiday inn express............. Just kidding. Is there bushings on the weights? how about your primary spring is it in one piece, or off center. If your clutches look alright then check your air/ fuel intake. Bogging is from either lack of........... or hold back of something? hope this helps you out.

Trencher

Reaction score
I have got 1600km on the machine. I bought it with 1300in the begining of jan and have only put 300km on but reading through my manual it is due for a service so maybe i will take it in to do that unless anyone knows what all is to be done on a 1600km polaris service. i assume it is plugs / fuel filter, etc... Which i can do myself as for the clutch i tried to pull it last night but unfortunatly the puller my neighbor has is for a 2000 rmk and is a little to short for my 06. Yes there arte bushings on the wieghts and i am think=ing this may be some of the problem.

Top Bottom