clutching and fuel system on a Boosted Apex!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PART 1.......CLUTCHING

well Im going to be doing some changes to the old tank.....I have the new CE single ply CE track going on, so I know I will have to do some clutching since the new track is a lot lighter than my old track....(15" single ply compared to my old 16" 2 ply).....last year I was on the rev limiter for the first few seconds then it was good...... so this year I will need to fix this.....so what is the rule of thumb??? how many grams should I add to bring the revs down? is there a set of adjustable weights? and is a shock wave helix worth getting?

Part 2......FUEL SYSTEM

I'm going to try to get the Boost-it set up also but running out of time and money......no point selling the tank if I can make it better! if anyone is running a boost-it kit on a MCX 310 apex, let me know what you think about it! I have a PL controler on a 310 MCX kit with all the injectors deleted.....it runs great but I just dont like the way it starts up in the morning cold......thinking about hooking back up the injectors and running a Boost-it controler? has anyone done this and how has it worked out for ya? the controller is $800 but since I already have the injectors from the MCX kit, should I just add power and fuel back up to the MCX injector rail and run a Boost-it controler?????yes?????no???? any info would be great!

Last edited:

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what I would do, hook up Boost-It to your existing injectors. I rode with a rear mount Neil did last year and it worked great, awesome throttle response and hauled the mail. You wont be disapointed. Amazing how these sleds run when getting the proper amount of fuel.

Go with a 47 straight cut Helix from Yamaha and get yourself a set of Dalton weights. You would probably want to go with the 79.6 gram base weights.

Last edited:

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have supertip weights and a shockwave and love it. Mine is a boondocker and I am running a attitude controller. Starts really good at -25c. Below that I don't want to ride it as no wide protection. lol

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so do I need to add a fuel pump or can I tee into the fuel line? how do I wire the injectors? I have no idea how the MCX kit was plumbed or wired since I got it with it deleted and running the PL controler.......HELP! so by the sounds of it.....the boost-it system will run better all around?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what length of track

162...... I just picked up a new Camo Extream to replace my old one! clutching was good on old set up but now im running a way lighter track!

162x16x2.5 old camo extream 66-67 pounds
162x16 2.25 mavrick is about 64 pounds
162x15x2.5 single ply CE 57 pounds

so I used to have the old CE on .......clutching was good.....a little on the rev limiter for 200 feet but good on the hills
then I put back on the stock mavrick.......a little longer on the limiter (it seemed)
now I'm going to a track that weights 10 pounds less than my first track........clutching?????????

gearing in chaincase is 20/40 and I will have to see what weights and spring is in clutch......will I have to add weight to keep it off the limiter? I want to get a set of adjustable weights! and what will the shockwave do? I have never played with clutching on this sled but the guy before said dont mess with it......it is set up perfect.........but now I have changed the track! Help!

Last edited:

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would spend the few bucks on the shockwave! i love it! it takes 2 minutes to adjust your rpm if your hammering the revlimiter back it out a turn. low on the rpms by a couple hundy turn it in a couple turns. especially if you ride many different altitudes. like myself. i rhode at sea level last year all the way up to 9500 and never touched my weights.
also the amount that u ride i would highly recomend u change your chain every year. its alot cheaper then a new chaincase!
you will probably wanna add weight to your primary and maybe a new spring. its probably getting pretty soft. how many miles u ride since you changed your spring? or chain?

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would spend the few bucks on the shockwave! i love it! it takes 2 minutes to adjust your rpm if your hammering the revlimiter back it out a turn. low on the rpms by a couple hundy turn it in a couple turns. especially if you ride many different altitudes. like myself. i rhode at sea level last year all the way up to 9500 and never touched my weights.
also the amount that u ride i would highly recomend u change your chain every year. its alot cheaper then a new chaincase!
you will probably wanna add weight to your primary and maybe a new spring. its probably getting pretty soft. how many miles u ride since you changed your spring? or chain?

I have a Yamaha shockwave i will sell $100

Sale , pending

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so can anyone tell me what I want? multi or straight......I heard but dont quote me if I' wrong but a 47 deg straight is what I need? is this right?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering how the sledding is in mexico? and only 2 posts? we get a few spamers that slip through the back door but do you know your stuff? sorry just asking since I read your location and post count! lol

Pretty sure you want the straight 47

Chunk

Reaction score
We own a place in Mexico. Don't get to go there as much as I'd like.

Top Bottom