CLUTCHING A 2008 m8

fersch69

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what is the best clutch kit to run on a M8.Im in the mountains all the time 3-9000 ft.What weights would be the best?

Mbateman

Reaction score
Is the sled stock?? If so, there's a sticker under the hood that tells you what weights to run in what elevations....

fersch69

Reaction score
Its got a speedwerx y pipe , mbrp can , 2 1/2 timing key and a 4 inch air horn on it.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Assuming that your operating RPM is @ 8000 RPM (check your pipe's recommendations) - here's the ticket. 68g cat weights or Dalton Adjustables (don't load the tip), Cat yellow/white primary spring (122/285#). In the secondary, use the stock spring and helix. If you want a better backshift and cooler clutches, run an RKT torsional conversion with straight 36 degree helix and Cat red/white spring, or RKT's dual spring setup. My SLP setup spins @ 8050 RPM all day with this combination - belt life is much better then stock. You will need to know your target RPM - that info should be on the pipe manufacturer's website. If RPM is lower then 8000, add a bit more weight. Hope this helps you.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my '08 M8 I'm running the SLP pipe kit, and an RKT secondary. I'm running:

D&D white primary
Speedwerks blue secondary
38/36 helix
72.25g cat weights

Reaction score
Assuming that your operating RPM is @ 8000 RPM (check your pipe's recommendations) - here's the ticket. 68g cat weights or Dalton Adjustables (don't load the tip), Cat yellow/white primary spring (122/285#). In the secondary, use the stock spring and helix. If you want a better backshift and cooler clutches, run an RKT torsional conversion with straight 36 degree helix and Cat red/white spring, or RKT's dual spring setup. My SLP setup spins @ 8050 RPM all day with this combination - belt life is much better then stock. You will need to know your target RPM - that info should be on the pipe manufacturer's website. If RPM is lower then 8000, add a bit more weight. Hope this helps you.
I just put in a set of Dalton Adjustables on my '08 M8. How do you not load the tip?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy way - install one setscrew in tip so it is flush, then add setscrews from top USING LOCTITE. Then remove the tip setscrew.

Top Bottom