Clutches

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are a little limited with how you can tune a PB80, but it's actually a pretty decent, durable clutch. Two of the boosted Doo 1200's I built in the past had PB80's at 220hp and withstood over 8K miles without much of an issue aside from primary spring changes to keep things fresh.Keep in mind, the harmonics of a 4 stroke 3 cylinder, vs a 2 stroke 2 cylinder are completely different. It is a light clutch and I would be somewhat concerned about harmonic dampening.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a guy could machine a pdrive to fit on the cats? Haha
If you know the taper, yes its doable. Lots of P85's on Doos over the years, and even put a Phazer primary on a 503 rotax at one point. If he's looking at the PB80 and not a factory clutch, I'm guessing he's working on a very limited budget and the Pdrive and machining would still be out of his budget....LOL

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who is working on a budget? Budget has nothing to do with it looking for something better cvtech says dont have nothing right yet

LOL ok. The PB is a cheap clutch hence my assumption. If budget is no problem then get a Pdrive and have it machined, or even a TRA. There is way more adjustment in those than in the PB. Or if you want the best you can go with an STM - http://stmpowersports.com/stm-rage-primary-clutchs/

bensen

Reaction score
Thanks. Have a crack in the 2nd team clutch in 1100 miles looking for something that might last.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at a P-85 for your Cat. I ran one on a 13 M800 with a 925, worked very well. I bought it through Racin Station in Driggs, ID. Also had a 911 cover installed on it. Best part is everything is serviceable(bushings, buttons, etc.)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you know the taper, yes its doable. Lots of P85's on Doos over the years, and even put a Phazer primary on a 503 rotax at one point. If he's looking at the PB80 and not a factory clutch, I'm guessing he's working on a very limited budget and the Pdrive and machining would still be out of his budget....LOL

Yeah I just think it's funny cause guys were switching out there pdrives for p85s a few years ago. Now it's the clutch to have I guess.

Top Bottom