Clutch work for XM's ???

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering what, if any clutch work you've needed to do to the XM's ?
Stock track, aftermarket, longer, etc....
I'm looking at a new machine and want to be prepared and know what look for
I bet this is covered somewhere in threads already, but I didn't see it

Cheers

RN

xmsummit154

Reaction score
I bought a new xm 154 last year and it now has 530 miles on it and I haven't touched the clutch at all. I know lots of guys change them but I use the factory ones with no issues or complaints.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The clutching is actually pretty bang on in these things. No need to do anything. Having said that though I think there are some gains to be had. I just threw a Roosterbuilt kit in mine and heading out riding tomorrow so I should be able to give some feedback on how much of a difference it makes. I will be riding with my brother who has the exact same sled with stock clutching so will jump back and forth a few times.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 xm and freeride. Also had a 2013 xm. Most guys seem to say the belts last forever. I switched to Doo last year and my best belt was 900 km. my new freeride spit one at 420. Obviously my throttle is to the bar lots cause I'm not seeing the belt life of some others on here. I just took both my sleds to mad motor sports for clutching and gearing. Deano has a good rep for the etec's and he did some other small tricks to both of my sleds. I did punish the freeride after the clutching for almost 200 km and the clutches are alot cooler. Off to revy for 9 days and I will post how the xm worked out with the new gearing and clutching combo.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering what, if any clutch work you've needed to do to the XM's ?
Stock track, aftermarket, longer, etc....
I'm looking at a new machine and want to be prepared and know what look for
I bet this is covered somewhere in threads already, but I didn't see it

Cheers

RN

dont touch a thing. just hammer on it

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell. What are u getting for mileage on belts. I went through 4 last year on my xm in 3000 km and 5 on my bcx in around the same km.

Interesting. Our riding styles must differ. I got 2500km on factory belt then sold the sled. My other 3 riding partners are at about 1700km each on there 2013s. Factory belts. We are definetly on and off the throttle all day but there isn't much wide open hill climbing all day. Mostly on off throttle and short bursts of full throttle that comes with tree riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Our riding styles must differ. I got 2500km on factory belt then sold the sled. My other 3 riding partners are at about 1700km each on there 2013s. Factory belts. We are definetly on and off the throttle all day but there isn't much wide open hill climbing all day. Mostly on off throttle and short bursts of full throttle that comes with tree riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
Wow. I know my ditch sleds are pushed hard for hours at a time. But in the mountains I am also in the trees. I rode valemount for years but now I ride revy. There's a lot heavier snow and I break trail lots to the alpine. Maybe that's it. I rode with a local guy last trip and he blew his 2014 xm belt at 700 km. And he is like 140 lbs. I know some of the guys u ride with and I'm sure your as hard on the flipper as me. After I had a xm last year there's now 5 other xm's in my group to compare belt life with. And I'm going to see how the new set up compares to stock cluching in the pow

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do too..... Real happy with it other than the no engine braking.

Still on clicker One. Stock can , 16% left break in. I'm waiting to see if after break in I need to add pin weight. , the can says I need 2 grams more.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride at low elevation at all you are requured to install a clutch kit or it will overrev, even on clicker 1. I've had good results with a DJ kit and i only have to change weights to go to the mountains

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do too..... Real happy with it other than the no engine braking.

Still on clicker One. Stock can , 16% left break in. I'm waiting to see if after break in I need to add pin weight. , the can says I need 2 grams more.

Clicker one. My xm ran clicker 2 at home and 4-5 In revy. Rpms from 7800-8200. Up and down and not holding track speed. I sure hope to run 3 at 8000 all day. And some better belt life would be a bonus. When I ride it in revy after Christmas I will post the results of Deano's clutching.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clicker one. My xm ran clicker 2 at home and 4-5 In revy. Rpms from 7800-8200. Up and down and not holding track speed. I sure hope to run 3 at 8000 all day. And some better belt life would be a bonus. When I ride it in revy after Christmas I will post the results of Deano's clutching.

Lol finally someone else noticed the same problem with the stock clutching.

Sent from my iPad using

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Serious. Still clicker one. Kind of wished I didn't get quick clickers. Haven't moved.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Serious. Still clicker one. Kind of wished I didn't get quick clickers. Haven't moved.

I'm new to Doo but what I'm hearing is clicker 1 would be softer a sluggish and the premium ramp angle would be 3. You might have some easy performance gains if you get your sled to pull 3. I can't wait to hit eagles pass this week and try mine. First pull up doghouse I will know if I made good changes.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is hate to see it snapper. Get lots of arm pump now , compared to my xp with a d.j kit modified.

Boost Monster

Reaction score
Put your Rooster Kit in! Then take your sled for a rip! You will be shocked with the difference! Stock set up seems ok until you ride your sled with the RB kit! Unless you don't like more track speed, unreal upshifting and wicked backshifting and holds 8000 rpm at WOT for miles with no hunting! Tried alot of kits but Roosterbuilt spot on! You get the results at 2400ft to 10,000ft. Best stock mod out there! Thx Roosterbuilt!

Top Bottom