clutch weights

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
Is it possible to machine material off of the primary weights to get the weight down?.......no weights available anywhere on the prairies, only if you want to wait two weeks. going to revy on tues...... what would the stock 70gr weights perform like in the mountains:confused:

06 crossfire

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to machine material off of the primary weights to get the weight down?.......no weights available anywhere on the prairies, only if you want to wait two weeks. going to revy on tues...... what would the stock 70gr weights perform like in the mountains:confused:

06 crossfire
what engine?6,7 or 8 if it,s a 6 63g weights and 7 68g
i have some for you if you need them but you shouldn,t notice too much difference with 70's just around 2-300 rpm drop in the mountains but you can always tighten you secondary adjuster up a little to gain rpm back

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell us which model and what else you have for clutching. You can tweak a few things and be good. I too have varous weights kicking around if needed.

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
its a 600, with a speedwerx clutch kit, titaniun spring and 71 gr weights in it, maybe i will leave them in. I have installed the 36deg helix which it calls for, you think this will work if i tighten the shat out of my secondary spring? I want it to perform at its best.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

06 crossfire

Im having a hard time believing you cant find weights. What kind of dealers are you dealing with?

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are all kinds of weights available, go to any after market or race shop.
Where are you?
You can grind the inside edge of the weights but you should have a gram (drug) scale and keep them all the same

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you grind them you can only grind the inside. and you have to make sure they are all exactley the same weight.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a 600, with a speedwerx clutch kit, titaniun spring and 71 gr weights in it, maybe i will leave them in. I have installed the 36deg helix which it calls for, you think this will work if i tighten the shat out of my secondary spring? I want it to perform at its best.

Alright, so your probably running their T2 weights which are light tipped. Good for backshift with the right secondary setup. What secondary spring and primary spring do you have? Really you do not want to tighten the secondary spring or you will lose shift. With the right springs in the primary and especially the secondary, you should not have to tighten the crap out of the spring to get good shift, especially running the 36 degree helix.

Just tell me what year of CF 6700 and the colour of your Speedwerx springs and I can figure out the rest if you want.

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
its an 06 600, primary spring is dark purple. i also have the stock one(yellow) secondary spring is also stock its dark green

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

06 crossfire

I balance all my weights. I did the stock 73g weights from my M8 this summer; there was .57g difference from heaviest to lightest. I take the weight from the sides with a grinder, and weigh them on my digital reloading scale. It takes awhile cause I just feather the grinder over both sides of the weights. It's no problem to pull a couple of grams off; but any more than that and I'd order a set of lighter weights.:beer:

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can always go with the Cutler or Dalton adjustable weights, especially if you plan on making other changes to the sled. Little pricey though.:eek:

Top Bottom