clutch tower brace

kneebar

Reaction score
I just got the Qrs tech link tower brace for my sled. I have a bigbore in mine and figured it's not going to hurt by putting it in. Guys are actually discussing this on Dootalk now too.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not required on anything 2010 and newer

Why is that? Did they do some reinforcing in 2010? I see brp makes a clutch tower brace now too.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
08-09 had issues.

10 they beefed up area's ( put on some weight too )

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been following this on doo as well..just tryin to school myself on these sleds....lotta alum braces breaking..heard nada of tech link breakin yet but its new so wont be much feedback yet...hopefully poster above is right and they've sorted this issue out....few folks over at doo ticked they gotta pay extra to cover a ski doo desighn flaw...personaly am tryin to sort my way through all the yakkin fer facts

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see a broken tower....have heard of 2 from customers, and both broke because they had braces. Had a front collision and the brace got pushed back and broke the tower, so they caused more damage. I don't see any need for it and have seen a lot of sleds with a lot of power and a lot of track with zero problems. Not saying it doesn't happen, but its rare.
It also messes with clutching/RPM on some sleds. Several sleds I have setup and the owner added a brace. Suddenly they were dropping RPM and inconsistent.....remove brace and all was fine.....put it back on and problem was back. Im not smart enough to explain why this occurs, but it definitely had a huge effect.
Many guys run them with no issues, just passing on some of the potential problems I have seen and heard.

Top Bottom