Clutch tools

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am wondering if some of you guys out there could tell me if these clutch tools
i have will work on my 2013 summit xm etec.
I bought these tools in the past and used them on my 2009.
Here is the picture:
IMG_0990.jpg

any input will help. i know i need the button forks for sure.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Secondary tools are all the same but the primary puller from the p-tec to the e-tec is different I'm pretty sure (crank changed).

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to my local dealer(turple bros) and the parts guy said the primary puller has never changed.
I will for sure take your guys word for it because i have a feeling most of the guys at turple can
barely spell SKI-DOO never mind know what will and wont work. ive just had nothing but bad luck there
or deal with a guy who knows nothing.

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
Turple bros parts and service are as dumb as they come. Worst part is they think they know everything and treat you like you're the idiot. I wouldn't ever ask them anything as there all morons. The only thing good about Turple is the sales department, which is great until you have a issue in the middle of an already short sledding season.

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
As far as the primary puller goes I swore it of years ago the first time I tried the water trick. Tip the sled on its side, take the primary bolt out. Fill the hole with water, then wrap the bolt with thread tape and thread the bolt back in till it pops off. Hydraulics it off

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turple bros parts and service are as dumb as they come. Worst part is they think they know everything and treat you like you're the idiot. I wouldn't ever ask them anything as there all morons. The only thing good about Turple is the sales department, which is great until you have a issue in the middle of an already short sledding season.
Sales dept is just as useless at turple bros tried to charge me 2500.oo more than the price that was on the tag on the sledge guy didn't even know there was rebates and this was 3-1/2 weeks after they started ( this was last feb ) needless to say he lost the sale

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^
Yes it has been changed.
It's shorter .
But where the puller hits the crank end is outside if the inner threads is the same as 09 and older

Inner threads is what is 1/2 inch shorter ( depth of threads) from 2010 up

I have used the same puller for rotax 670, 600ho, 800ho, 800r rev and ptek, and etec

But prefer the bolt - water trick as a broken puller in clutch scares me

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Floating on the crank is a nylon (might be harder than nylon) bushing inside the working clutch face. It is held in place with a type of circlip (part # 293370071). How does one get a new one back in the groove?

RMPERK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we are talking about the same item. There is a special bushing driver to get it recessed to install the snap ring or c-clip.

Top Bottom