Clutch maintenance.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a machined sheave, slider and secondary spring for my Rhino. Does anyone know what size screw or bolt is needed to spread the secondary sheaves apart in order to get some tension off the belt?

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6 X 30 X 1.25 I think. On an off the self bolt, you run out of threads before the clutch is fully open.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowdin left me know how it works for you.Who,s sheave are you using

I got it from UTV Unleased. Including a duner kit. Now I changed my mind and ordered the overdrive weights from Hunterworks. They're only $64.00. I'll try them out and see how that goes.

Gary, are those mm? What is 1.25? On the Hunterworks how to vid I think he said it was a 10mm bolt but I don't know how long it should be.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And when you are done with the bolts, put them in your tool box or glove box in case you need them on the trail.

I just bought my epi stuff local, blue spring was only around $25 and the 600 rollers were about $8ea I think.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I got this sheave: Unleashed UTV and this duners kit: Unleashed UTV and before I had a chance to install this stuff Todd at Hunterworks comes up with these sliding weights and a grease less set up: Yamaha Rhino Performance Accessories Polaris RZR 800 Accessories Kawasaki Teryx Arctic Cat Prowler Yamaha Rhino Accessories - Rhino Sliding Overdrive Weights. So I pulled my primary sheave off and cleaned out the grease. Installed the Hunterworks sliding weights and the UTV Unleased cam with the sliders on that were designed to not melt. Apparently some cam sliders on the stock clutch were melting in the Arizona desert heat. I did not use grease or put the dust pan back on.

You will need to buy a 22mm socket and get your hands on a 3/4" air impact to get the sheave nuts off. I just followed the Hunterworks how to vid and it all went good.

Me and Misses Snowdin went for an 85 km rip yesterday. Had an extra 2.5 gal. of gas in the back and a cooler that weight about the same as the gas, along with several pounds of extra gear.

I got another 14-15 km/hr (80-81 km/hr) when the governor kicks in. It does feel like more low end torque but hard to tell if there is more mid range torque. All in all I'm very happy with this mod. Especially for the money. :d

PS: I also noticed an increase in miles/gal. of gas. Don't know how many more miles/gal. as I never did a calculation before but it just seems that the gas gauge stayed up longer. Bonus.

Top Bottom