Clutch Kits

J__Zak

Reaction score
Hello all,

Relatively new here, I'm just wondering which clutch kit you guys would suggest one a 2013 XM 163" 85% of the riding I do is in the mountains (Valemount and McBride mostly) but when the weather permits i'll also ride around Edmonton. From what I've read Dynamoe Joe, Rooster, and the Bikeman seem to be the most popular. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say take ur pick. Or even better buy all 3, compare and report back.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had 2 of the three. Cant go wrong with Roosterbuilt. Awesome stuff.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a bikeman we'll see how it works in a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
Im running that works well. I might try this rooster built tho just cause everybody is talking it up....lol

J__Zak

Reaction score
For you guys running the rooster built how does it act at lower elevations. Do you find your bouncing off the rev limiter all the time? Don't get me wrong I want it set up for the mountains but I still want to be able to ride it around home aswell. And from what I've read and heard it seems most are pointing to the rooster built. Do any of you know the number I'd like to call and have a chat with him.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 with Deano! He's a good guy and will set you up good! I had Dynamoe Joe kit and it didn't impress me very much. But that was on a 09 summit. Heard really good things about rooster built.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For you guys running the rooster built how does it act at lower elevations. Do you find your bouncing off the rev limiter all the time? Don't get me wrong I want it set up for the mountains but I still want to be able to ride it around home aswell. And from what I've read and heard it seems most are pointing to the rooster built. Do any of you know the number I'd like to call and have a chat with him.
Couldn't tell you if its good or not at lower elevations, I always had to take it easy down low because I had detonation issues from a high compression engine at low elevation

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

our setup retains use of the clickers. We like to set up to run clicker 3-4 most of the time. If you go lower or higher or unusually heavy snow you have adjustability to deal with it. Ideally for the best performance you want to stay on 3-4 and adjust pin weight for proper RPM, buy many customers find it works fine to run 3-4 up high and 1-2 down lower.
We also select top gear based on riding style, weight, track used, elevation etc....and is included with the clutching.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give me a call we have a kit put together with some taller gearing that will satisfy both flatland on clicker one and the hills on clicker 3 without sacrificing bottom end.780 986 6370

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Darren400

Reaction score
Rooster built, great kit paul and David stand behind what they sell, you won't be disappointed

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just left a message rooster built, soon as i get the call back, im ordering it up.

As im not well versed in clutches, or have the tool i need, any recommendation on anyone in Edmonton that can do this install for me? Im sure i can figure it out as i watched the video and it seems pretty straight forward, but some skilled guidance would be nice.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give me a call we have a kit put together with some taller gearing that will satisfy both flatland on clicker one and the hills on clicker 3 without sacrificing bottom end.780 986 6370

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

i just left a message rooster built, soon as i get the call back, im ordering it up.

As im not well versed in clutches, or have the tool i need, any recommendation on anyone in Edmonton that can do this install for me? Im sure i can figure it out as i watched the video and it seems pretty straight forward, but some skilled guidance would be nice.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Darren400

Reaction score

Paul will help you with install

J__Zak

Reaction score
Update, I ended up going with the rooster built and got it installed at absolute power and performance. Was very satisfied with the price and workmanship. Just waiting to make the first trip to the mountains now to see how it works. Let it snow!

Sent from my iPhone using

Spudnik

Reaction score
Hello all,

Relatively new here, I'm just wondering which clutch kit you guys would suggest one a 2013 XM 163" 85% of the riding I do is in the mountains (Valemount and McBride mostly) but when the weather permits i'll also ride around Edmonton. From what I've read Dynamoe Joe, Rooster, and the Bikeman seem to be the most popular. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Not sure why you would waist your money. Stock clutching is almost bang on. If its not broke dont fix it .

J__Zak

Reaction score
Forgot to follow up on the thread, I rode some of the deepest heaviest snow I've ever rode and the clutch more than impressed me. Clicker 3 and I was pulling full RPM's all day. Last year on the stock clutching in similar conditions I was on 5-6 to pull full RPM's. I am very satisfied with the kit.

Top Bottom