clutch kit

shitface

Reaction score
I just bought my self a 09 grizzly 700 and all though it has a lot of power every one wants more. Im wondering where i could get a solid clutch kit that will give me more out of the hole and more trottle response let me no your opinions on what king and where abouts i can get it and how much am i looking at also what are the best size tires to put on to be able to play in the mud but also do some trail riding

Yamaha4Life

Reaction score
I would say go with EPI clutch kit thier good. My dad has 27inch MST on his 08 Grizzly and he loves them. But my mud bitches beat them in the mud hole and i only have a 2008 yamaha kodiak 450 lol

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the highlifter kit on my 650 BF, it had some good snap on the bottom and would probably snap the cv's with no problem if the wheels were stuck solid but I took it off as I lost all my top end speed and started going through belts whenever I traveled at high speed (80 km) for any period time.

Unless your going with 28" + tires, I'd just go with a chip and maybe a pipe. just my :twocents:

Yamaha4Life

Reaction score
Ya thats a good idea But. There are no really good chips for the yamaha grizzly all of them seem to over heat the dam quad or mess your fuel mapping all to heck. The yamaha is about pure power not about fancy gadgets or gizmoes:nono:.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first you have to decide what you want a smoothe engagement with a tiny bit more bottom end or a little snappy(er) engagement with killer bottom end
I run the highlifter superduty extreme kit in my 660 i love it but im runnin 28" mudzillas and im set up for strait mud. On trails i have no problem riding you just get used to how it engages

with the highlifter and EPI kits you get a secondary spring and wetclutch springs
the Dalton kit is just weights

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets stop with the it engages harder stuff. I've rode 3 bikes now with clutch kits including my own.

most people are disappointed with there clutch kits when they get them because of the myth that is started that they kick in with authority ect.

my clutch kit is a HL extreme kit and it might kick in 500 rpm's higher but it is not noticeable in that respect it does not jam in ect it just simply works your thumb pushes the gas and it moves as it would with stock setup.

the differences your going to see tho are things like . in a mud hole where your tires would have normaly got bogged down and stoped turning ( have yet to see this happen on a stock 700 grizzly in low with big tires btw) you would hold higher rpms at lower tire speeds which will result in more power by staying in a lower gear LONGER.

some people report loosing snap on there high gear ect because obviously the bike is now geared down and it can be quite alot depending on what kit you get.

if your not running 28" or taller/with large lugs i personally don't recommend it.

as well your only really going to notice this in low gear the most. your still going to bog down with large tires and large lugged tires in high gear.

so as long as you realize that with a clutch kit your actually going to loose some performance to gain some rpms at lower wheel speeds and i emphasis that its most noticeable in low gear and in high gear all you really get is a slower high end gear then sure clutch kits give a specific performance increase in 1 area. low gear churning mud.

having done afew mod outs on some atv's now imho if you want the fastest atv just go buy one.

if your running 31 inch tires and your tires are stoping in mud hell yes you need a clutch kit.

but as far as a clutch kit being straped on to try and make your bike a faster machine it doesn't work like that. you get a very specific increase in torque at certain speed ranges otherwise the benefit is not there.

so unless your tires are bogging out to the point they dont turn in low gear in thick mud id just leave it.

Top Bottom