Clutch kit to wake up Summit 154?

Jeremy225

Reaction score
Hey, wondering what you guys think of DJ's clutch kit was thinking of having one put on my sled before this season, is it worth the money? Noticeable difference after the install? I'm looking for a little quicker throttle response, better backshifting, my Summit feels sluggish especially when I let off then hammer the throttle on a climb.

Thanks !

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put DJ's mountain kit on my xp and it was by far the best mod I did to that sled. I'm seriously considering switching out on my 16. I'm not overly impressed with the back shift on the stock setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year of sled?
Clutching does help a lot, but if you add in some gearing with clutching its a full wake up. Two best changes you can do IMO. DJ does make a good kit, as do many others.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the DJ clutch kit in my 03 600HO Summit; It definitely woke that sled up in fact it gave it a good swift kick in the butt!!!!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find my 15 XM 163" 2.5" is a little sluggish as well, especially coming off a 860r. Also find a lot of rpm fade, gonna see if clutching fixes it or if it needs a T-stat. On the 860r I found my roosterbuilt clutching was better than Mad Motorsports, which was a very costly clutch kit so I'm not going that route again.

For the XM I'm gonna try SHR's low budget setup first: 20 tooth top gear (19/51 stock), doo black secondary spring and new spring cap bushing. We'll see how this works, sounds like it has some decent reviews down south.

Jeremy225

Reaction score
Nice, yea im trying to find a more cost effective alternative too, Mad wants too much money for a clutch and gearing set up, would be less than half price to try DJ or Roosterbuilt, just need to either buy the clutch tools or pay someone to put it in, which leads to my next question where is a decent sled shop near Central AB?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joes stuff works good and a great price point . "Canadian "IMO
Has to be someone on S&M that would help a guy out.
Very easy job. Done many of them.
If you were closer I would.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did my buddy's 13 154xm and my 15 xm 163 last year with dj clutch kits made a nice change on both sleds defiantly worth the minor investment IMO I would recommend also getting the doo primary rebuild kit and putting those parts in at the same time if you haven't touched your clutches before

sarem

Reaction score
if you get the dalton kit you can hav almost unlimited adjustments for weights. clutch puller and button holder are cheap to buy.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice, yea im trying to find a more cost effective alternative too, Mad wants too much money for a clutch and gearing set up, would be less than half price to try DJ or Roosterbuilt, just need to either buy the clutch tools or pay someone to put it in, which leads to my next question where is a decent sled shop near Central AB?

If you don't find someone locally, happy to help you out. I've always done my own work & I'm sure Dean @ Mad Motorsports will vouch for me if you want a reference. 10 min west of Blackfalds. If you want to bring it out, happy to show you how & install the clutch kit.

Jeremy225

Reaction score
Thanks vodoo103, appreciate the offer :beer: it's currently being put in by the awesome slededjr though! I'll keep that in mind though if I need to change out any pins or do adjusting with the new clutch kit after trying it out. You're a super close drive from RD. Glad I stumbled across S&M, you guys rock :thumbsup2:

Last edited:
Top Bottom