Clutch Issues

dho2010summitx

Reaction score
Hey, I have a 2010 Summit x 154" and love it. I got playing around with the clutch changing from 1 to 5. Worked fine in the mountains now changed back to 1 and is @ 2300 rpm. any suggestions. The belt is loose and have 4 threads showing on secondary clutch. riverside says there should no threads showing. think the belt might be stretched ?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by not working properly.

1 is low even in loyd. try putting it on 3. im really not sure what you mean by not working though

details details :D

dho2010summitx

Reaction score
the belt is loose and is reving @ 2300 rpm. on the secondary clutch there is 4theads showing the belt is worn a little on the teeth on one side. 350 kms. 20hrs. i got it booked in for tomorrow morning. could the belt be stretched ? its down into the secondary clutch about an inch.

dho2010summitx

Reaction score
im not gonna mess with it. im putting on a slp y pipe and pipe and can anything need to be done after doing that. i have a mbrp can on now not loud enough. got any other suggestions to make this thing crazy

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah deffinetly sounds like your belt deflection is stuck open. Not sure about the 2010 adjuster as I believe they changed the secondary again for this year but you want to open the owners manual and learn to set the deflection on your sled before you spend more money on it! :beer:

If money isn't an option there is a guy up in Edmonton apparently making some nice turbo's for 2-stroke doo's! Why not have a 200+ HP 2-stroke that weighs half of a Yammy!~

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah deffinetly sounds like your belt deflection is stuck open. Not sure about the 2010 adjuster as I believe they changed the secondary again for this year but you want to open the owners manual and learn to set the deflection on your sled before you spend more money on it! :beer:

If money isn't an option there is a guy up in Edmonton apparently making some nice turbo's for 2-stroke doo's! Why not have a 200+ HP 2-stroke that weighs half of a Yammy!~

I bought one of these off of dootalk, I think it was $75 works great. All ya need it the allen key to losen it, you can adjust it by hand. Is your belt sitting this hi in the secondary?
IMGP1826.jpg
[/IMG]

dho2010summitx

Reaction score
Thanks guys the deflection adjuster backed out on its own. They did change the secondary. Got it all fixed up and got the doo shop to show me how to adjust and tighten. Just picked up slp pipe y pipe and can. I do have a mbrp can on now some guys are not using the slp can. any suggestions and do I have to jet.

Top Bottom