closest mx tracks to edmonton

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wild Bills (St. Francis), Antler Lake, Super Daves, Castrol, Westlock, Busby, Vegreville, Mayerthorpe.. there's tracks all over just depends how far from Edmonton you are willing to drive.

Reaction score
There's also a BUMP (Barry's Ultra Motorsports Park) an off-road riding facility located 45 minutes north of St. Albert in Barrhead County, Alberta. BUMP is a privately-owned, family run business with 4 motocross tracks of varying length and difficulty, and over 40 km of off-road trails. Here's their web site:

BUMP - Home Page

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's also a BUMP (Barry's Ultra Motorsports Park) an off-road riding facility located 45 minutes north of St. Albert in Barrhead County, Alberta. BUMP is a privately-owned, family run business with 4 motocross tracks of varying length and difficulty, and over 40 km of off-road trails. Here's their web site:

BUMP - Home Page

Yes, that one is in Busby..which is the one I mentioned. Not too bad but the track definitely needed some work last time I was there

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at bump last weekend for the first time, i enjoyed it, it was rough with is good i think personally, it is $30 to ride for the day there. -Super daves out by opal is a really easy track, but is usually hard packed enough for a sportbike tire, $20 for the day here. -Westlock you need to be a member to ride which costs around $250 i believe, and is very supercrossy, but very fun. -Vegreville is, well, ok. its been extremely marbly all 3 times i've been, but you need to know an oldtimer member. Casrol is alright, i enjoy it the most during the amateur nationals, also $20 and was only open a few days a week last year. Whitecourt just opened a track up last year, i haven't been but i hear it fun. My all time favorite is swan hills, in my opinion its well worth the drive.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Table Top Raceway is good too, but again you need a membership..most of the owners/operators of all the tracks are S&M members so its easy to get info from them

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you dont have to have a member to ride with you at westlock. I go there all the time. super daves is too mello, busby needs work. whats the best track?

HANES347

Reaction score
everyone is going to have there favourite track...mine is slave lake;) yes super daves is really mellow but still fun eventhough he never grooms it..I was told at westlock if your caught on that track without membership or a member they can and will charge you with tresspassing:(:( where has everyone been riding this year??

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everyone is going to have there favourite track...mine is slave lake;) yes super daves is really mellow but still fun eventhough he never grooms it..I was told at westlock if your caught on that track without membership or a member they can and will charge you with tresspassing:(:( where has everyone been riding this year??

I think thats only on certin days, me and my buddies go there and buy the $20 day pass and shred all day. super daves is not well maintaind, its kinda fun but ive had some BAD EXPERIANCES THERE!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best track i've been to in the local area so far is Wild Bills , and good harescramble trails too...BUMP's trails suck a$$

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What edmonton needs is a facility catering to motocross. The city should take about 40 acres somewhere close to the city, throw a fence up around it, employ someone to run a bobcat to groom it often, and charge the same rate as a ski hill would charge. How many ski clubs are in the city? They charge like $40/day to ride. $25/day seems reasonable for a motocross track. be professional about it and the city could make out like bandits.

As for the best tracks in the area, i suggest becoming an AOTMX member. They have access to some pretty sweet tracks. They race 3 times a year at the most amazing track in northern alberta. Antler lake. It's worth the money and the wait to be able to ride this track.

Because I'm not rich enough to be able to travel an hour plus every time i want to ride a motocross track, i had to convince my girls family to let us build a practice track on their acerage.

We should gather a few members to go after the city and get them to open a facility like calgary has. They have a huge facility right in the middle of the city.... just sayin:cool:

HANES347

Reaction score
yes super dave really needs to figure his ch!t out...i live super close to there so i tend to ride there during the week nights after work...what do you mean you have had some real bad experiences there??

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes super dave really needs to figure his ch!t out...i live super close to there so i tend to ride there during the week nights after work...what do you mean you have had some real bad experiences there??

you know the last table? I was on my 125 and i tried to clear it in 4th gear, i was going way too fast and overshot it. and the one time my bike randomly went straight up in the air and my feet came off the pegs and well i got the worst saking of my life. (wasnt pinching the tank)

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that his jumps are poorly designed. Take 1 day out there with a dozer and that place could be amazing. design some proper tables, create some elevation changes, a decent whoop section.....

Give me 1 day, 1 dozer, 1 bobcat, and a bunch of diesel, and that place would be MINT!

HANES347

Reaction score
i no the owners of bump personally...great people very nice...bump has a females track to which is good for girls to practise on corners and get used to there bikes...the main track is three kms long with a wide variety of jumps from mild to wild...and mean fourth gear pinned on 450 :d i will support them 100% cause i no franky is buyin equipment and putting 100% effort into his tracks now....not like super dave charging twenty bucks and never touchin his track and making supercross style jumps on a outdoor track..I think mayb we should email dave and give him our opinions on what to do to his track to make it more enjoyable and fun...since it no one seems to like it besides its one of the closest tracks to edmonton

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WillJeff, I dont think that BUMP sucks, but when I was there (I believe I was actually riding those trails with you..dunno if you remember me or not) I had my yamaha then.. andyeah those trails just weren't good at all in my opinion..Wild bill's trails are way better. Maybe they've done some work since I dont know i'm just going by when I was there last. The track was okay, I found it hard to get any traction on it though..but I liked the layout and the jumps and what not. I'm just sayin, all in all, Wild bills is my favourite so far as far as track/trails goes..but to each their own.

Reaction score
WillJeff, I dont think that BUMP sucks, but when I was there (I believe I was actually riding those trails with you..dunno if you remember me or not) I had my yamaha then.. andyeah those trails just weren't good at all in my opinion..Wild bill's trails are way better. Maybe they've done some work since I dont know i'm just going by when I was there last. The track was okay, I found it hard to get any traction on it though..but I liked the layout and the jumps and what not. I'm just sayin, all in all, Wild bills is my favourite so far as far as track/trails goes..but to each their own.

You know your right ...to each their own. Put you should say why you feel it was good or bad, Just give a little info. and i do remember you, hows the new bike.

Top Bottom