Clone Bikes

bleau11r

Reaction score
New to the Dirtbike Community here and looking to buy a bike. Haven't had one for about 4 years. I came across this website selling KTM clones and CRF clones.
Does anyone have any experience with these bikes. The prices are unreal. I am a little nervous to buy one though because when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Any info on these particular bikes would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

jimdandy

Reaction score
I think you get what you pay for. Rode one once and found it under powered big time and clunky.And at the end of the day what about resale? Now how much did you pay?

bleau11r

Reaction score
I had posted this last spring. I did end up going with an older bike for the same price. Picked up a 98 YZ 250 out of the States for 1500 US, which at that time was only about 1550 cdn. Really glad I did, cause a buddy bought a Giovanni 250 around the same time, and it was a piece of junk. Stuff was breaking on it left and right. Nowhere near the power of my YZ. He is looking for an older "real" bike for this season.
As for resale, that's a great point. When I bought the YZ, it was probably worth $1000 more than I paid for it. I could still likely sell it for more than I paid for it. As for the Gio, or Bad Boy Bike, they are worth 1600 when you get them, and only go down from there.
My advice, buy a decent bike from one of the bigger name companies. Even if it costs and extra few hundred bucks, it's still worth it.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clone Bikes are fine.....

If it's going to sit in the garage and never see the dirt.....but if you plan on riding it, the suspensions on the ones I've looked at are crap. Poor welds, cheap material in frames and sub frames. Parts ....well who needs parts.

Like abaove better off to buy a used brand name bike or go and hang out at a dealer....they all have last year models they would luv to see you take one away....Just sit on it and tell them your not leaving until you sell it to me for X...

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
and if you do buy a junk bike, go over it well, cause the bolts and nuts are usaly only finger tight on those

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy bought a Panterra 250 a few years back as a second bike for buddies without one to ride, we call it the Sum Ting Wong 250...it's always shedding parts and breaking stuff. on a positive note, Panterra's warranty and parts availability was outstanding, spokes came loose, they replaced the whole rear wheel. rear shock broke, they had a replacement in before the next weekend. too many other problems to recall, but they always fixed it no questions asked. but they are still junk....:D

Top Bottom