clemina

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Yup I agree with you can't be doing mach 3 up or down the trail, there are always obstacles from towed sleds to families etc. I think he was trying to tell you something. Also at 3 is just before the majority of people start heading down.... I'd say he was doing you a favour by smoothing out the bumps! You have to realize these guys always take heat, cut him some slack. Later on in the season they groom later because its lighter later. Anyways JMHO. :beer::beer:

X2 !!!!! :nono: Slow down when you pass anything or anyone...the groomer has made his point.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To those who are offering it, thank you for the support.

Our operator grooms Allan and Clemina in the same evenings and that makes for a very long shift. Starting at 3pm or a bit later gets him to the cabin around 6, by this time most riders are down and he still gets a free pass down the trail pulling the monster. Once in full operation, the Clemina trail is beautiful, you have to admit. We sign the best we can with signs stating "Caution Grooming at Any Hour" and riders should know to watch for this at all times as we may head up even earlier to complete maintenance or cut firewood. Riders need to be in control at all times.

And for the second part. If something like this did happen, there is no excuse. If his blade moved, I hope he had just bumped it, maybe taking a drink of water at this quick rest opportunity. There is no way he had any intention to cause harm to anyone and we sincerely appologize that this startled you. I will also bring this up with the operator, but please email VARDA at varda@valemount.com with a time and date that this happend so I have more info.

We are out there working for sledders, and always with good intentions, but will always listen to concerns from the riders. There is also a drop box in the parking lot that riders can place comments in to help us find quick solutions to problems.
c

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
To those who are offering it, thank you for the support.

Our operator grooms Allan and Clemina in the same evenings and that makes for a very long shift. Starting at 3pm or a bit later gets him to the cabin around 6, by this time most riders are down and he still gets a free pass down the trail pulling the monster. Once in full operation, the Clemina trail is beautiful, you have to admit. We sign the best we can with signs stating "Caution Grooming at Any Hour" and riders should know to watch for this at all times as we may head up even earlier to complete maintenance or cut firewood. Riders need to be in control at all times.

And for the second part. If something like this did happen, there is no excuse. If his blade moved, I hope he had just bumped it, maybe taking a drink of water at this quick rest opportunity. There is no way he had any intention to cause harm to anyone and we sincerely appologize that this startled you. I will also bring this up with the operator, but please email VARDA at varda@valemount.com with a time and date that this happend so I have more info.

We are out there working for sledders, and always with good intentions, but will always listen to concerns from the riders. There is also a drop box in the parking lot that riders can place comments in to help us find quick solutions to problems.
c

Well said, Depsnolvr....the ball is now in Dugone's hands.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't complain about coming down the hill at the end of the day on a groomed trail rather than a whooped out mess. WTF is the problem with going up the trail at 3pm????????? Think about it.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one thing that I have always said was that Valemount has the best groomed trails.I like the idea of comming off the mountain with freshly groomed trail.:beer:

Top Bottom