Cleaning / Scratch Removal Tips

JOESKIDOO

Reaction score
Has anyone found a product out there that can clean and remove lite scratches from the plastics on atv's. I need something to buff out and polish for resale, etc.. Hint: never loan out your ride, it won't come back looking the same!!!!!:(

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I heard if you use a heat gun it is supposed to clean it up nice but haven't tried yet but I will

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a product out there that can clean and remove lite scratches from the plastics on atv's. I need something to buff out and polish for resale, etc.. Hint: never loan out your ride, it won't come back looking the same!!!!!:(
Wash it real good and use that tire shine stuff on your black plastics. It`ll make them look new again. This picture is of my quad after I sprayed the black plastic. You can see the under side to compare.

Attachments

• clean quad.JPG
    clean quad.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 265

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what I like to do is sand it down with some steel wool, then heat it up till it looks a bit darker and let it dry.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used the Lemon Pledge on the plastic's and windshield and it works fairly well.

dieselcamp

Reaction score
There is a product called PLASTIC RENEW you can get it from various places I got mine from Recycle in Stony Plain. It works good but takes lots of time. Basicaly you sand down al you plastic, I recomend removing it then apply this RENEW liquid. The kit comes with everything you need.

Major

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill vouch for the heat gun on the blue plastic, had to try it out thanks to the Medler and his driving skills.

jammergsxr

Reaction score
I would suggest the renew kit as well,its like 20.00 bucks and 2-3 hours of your time.Black Magic or Mothers back to black works awsome on all the black trim.

Top Bottom