cleaning plastic

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have an suggestions on whats best to clean the plastic on the sled with???

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pledge or firniture cleaner

well my plastic is red... and parts od it are really dirty on belt side from belt and exhaust side i think from break dust will pledge take that off or is that more for a shine?

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks liek this stuff has a degreaser... might have to check this stuff out... can you buy it in stores?
Not that I am aware of, just order it from the website, that's what I did.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always go at it with WD-40 to clean and it`s safe on the color. Then shine it up with Pledge afterwards. Seems to work awesome on both my quad and sleds..

Rkwhite

Reaction score
I use "goof off" I found it at home depot, did everything including grease and dust around clutches. Didn't damage any decals or yellow panels on the XRS.
I have used pledge, it shines it well but dosen't degrease.

DIEZEL

Reaction score
The skidoo stuff works really good but pricey and WD-40 works good. I don't like goo gone as it is harsh and will fade your plastic if u use too much of it. As well, WD-40 leaves a residue thus a magnet for belt dust and fluff to attract to. If u wash it off when your done its not an issue. Thats my 2cents worth if it matters

quad4life

Reaction score
we supply green cleaning products if your in town let me know i,ll give you a sample works great

xtreamclean

Reaction score
Website
www.mxwash.com

CAN-DOO

Grampa Member
Reaction score
Spray Nine works most awesome as a degreaser withouth the fume and residue of wd-40. For under the hood, chassis, all good no worries but on the plastic, I sure agree, you definately have to be careful. No dwell time, spray on then wipe off, careful in the elbow grease you put into the wipe, but I use it for the entire machine and it works awesome. It leaves behind a clean surface that takes the pledge or what every polish you are using pretty well.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trim Shine. Doesn't degrease but sure leaves a shine. Works real good on black plastic:beer:

Top Bottom