cleaning atv's

Irocaz

Reaction score
while out on crown land I have seen a few people use gas pressure washers close to a river/creek(cant be good) or haul a large water tank out with them to clean up there bikes/ ATV's in a field at their camp setup. I'm curious to know if this is allowed?? what does everyone do? I hate hauling the mess home and the neighbours do not like it, and a couple times the carwash owners have given me heck...

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
These all are better ideas than running up and down the river:nono:

I would run it into a puddle and let it settle out before it runs back into the creek or river.

We did this at a summer campout and it worked good.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a coleman powerbucket pressure washer from canadian tire that has a tub you can use as a reservoir. I fill it with drinking water from my tank or use grey water to wash the majority of the muck off before loading it into the toyhauler. it was pretty cheap on sale, works decent

Pressurebucket_zpsnd6jtd1v.jpg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Using a gas water pump and wash using creek water. The important part is do not let the water run back into the creek while washing.

Like sledderglen mentioned it was done at the campout and worked great.

Way better than tearing up creek. SRD does not want that.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes I have been known to tip ranger on side to wash the underbelly, works good!

Irocaz

Reaction score
I have been thinking of taking out a 1000L Tote with me and filling at a creek or river with a small gas pump and haul back to the campsite for everyone use. After purchase the tank would be super chlorinated to clean and then de-chlorinated so I wouldn't contaminating the environment. but with that, how much water can/ if all divert from a surface body of water without a diversion licence? I cannot seem to find anything online

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of taking out a 1000L Tote with me and filling at a creek or river with a small gas pump and haul back to the campsite for everyone use. After purchase the tank would be super chlorinated to clean and then de-chlorinated so I wouldn't contaminating the environment. but with that, how much water can/ if all divert from a surface body of water without a diversion licence? I cannot seem to find anything online

huh, you are over thinking this in my opinion. I can see cleaning the tank to stop mold etc. may not be necessary unless you plan on using it for drinking water. up to you though! I don' think you need a licence for that small of an amount of water? see a few doing it, 100 to 300 lt though

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Using a gas water pump and wash using creek water. The important part is do not let the water run back into the creek while washing.

Like sledderglen mentioned it was done at the campout and worked great.

Way better than tearing up creek. SRD does not want that.

Big charges related to tearing up creeks and they are cracking down on it hard. The charges are also under the fisheries act which is a federal charge.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never though of that before good idea. You could also use a little 12v pump and a garden hose less to tote around. As for the car was owners ask them to show you the sign where it states no excessive muddy veh.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no washing is allowed even at the river banks... even if you are just pulling water out of the river and washing on dry land... big fines if your caught.. that coleman bucket pressure washer was the best thing I bought till those stupid small Chinese pressure washers screw up... and when they do... throw it out... I had one... it screwed up on me... no parts anywhere for those... I checked everywhere including the internet... so cause they are so cheap I bought another one... only got another year out of the new one...

while they work they are great...but don't last long...total junk which you will find out in time....even coleman told me they have no parts for this... went to the fixing depot in Calgary here .... they phoned Coleman a they told me .... we don't have parts... just throw it away and buy another one...

after doing lots of research and talking to places that sell professional pressure washers I found out any of those cheap units like Karcher or any of the others that places like Canadian Tire sells are junk...
my second one now sits too... does not work right any more... piece of crap...

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no washing is allowed even at the river banks... even if you are just pulling water out of the river and washing on dry land... big fines if your caught.. that coleman bucket pressure washer was the best thing I bought till those stupid small Chinese pressure washers screw up... and when they do... throw it out... I had one... it screwed up on me... no parts anywhere for those... I checked everywhere including the internet... so cause they are so cheap I bought another one... only got another year out of the new one...

while they work they are great...but don't last long...total junk which you will find out in time....even coleman told me they have no parts for this... went to the fixing depot in Calgary here .... they phoned Coleman a they told me .... we don't have parts... just throw it away and buy another one...

after doing lots of research and talking to places that sell professional pressure washers I found out any of those cheap units like Karcher or any of the others that places like Canadian Tire sells are junk...
three years on mine so far, still working (knock on wood). the 3500 honda powered gas karcher I have has given me more grief than this little junky coleman lol. but at least a guy can get parts for the gas karcher

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use a little 1" Honda water pump. With a couple garden hoses world spray guns works good it's gets the worst off
not carwash clean but good enough

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah we bought one from canadian tire about 5 years ago with a honda engine, thinking you're buying something with quality because of the engine but not always the case. I was told after that the pressure washers with the pumps that mount under are crap, and the ones that mount on the sides are better. Ours crapped out the second year and took a lot of searching before I found the stupid little plastic pieces that I needed. $5 dollar pieces costed $60 by the time I got them. Lesson learned.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow Tee Roy.... I went thru 2 of those bucket washers in two years... one a year...it sucks... I spoke to many professional places and priced out good electric pressure washers... they are like 1200 bucks man... but once you get educated like I did then you understand what is good and what is not... what I seen is there are big differences between good pressure washers and department store ones...
I did not buy one of those... I got a good gas one ... and now on my 3 rd year with it... has not missed a beat and has good pressure...
Those Karcher ones and siminize ones are the same junk.. and parts are non existent ....

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow Tee Roy.... I went thru 2 of those bucket washers in two years... one a year...it sucks... I spoke to many professional places and priced out good electric pressure washers... they are like 1200 bucks man... but once you get educated like I did then you understand what is good and what is not... what I seen is there are big differences between good pressure washers and department store ones...
I did not buy one of those... I got a good gas one ... and now on my 3 rd year with it... has not missed a beat and has good pressure...
Those Karcher ones and siminize ones are the same junk.. and parts are non existent ....
lol...I'm no stranger to high quality pressure washers, I have a 220V diesel fired hotsy in my shed and a truck mounted 5000 psi diesel fired Karcher steamer/washer at the shop. I didn't buy the powerbucket expecting anything other than a cheapo washer to clean the goop off my UTV before loading it, my buddy bought one and I thought it was a great idea to be able to use the grey water from my camper. I'm even more impressed with it now that I know you've gone thru a few of them lol. I bought the 5hp honda powered cold water Karcher at a yard sale and it's been nothing but trouble. the pressure relief valve keeps piling up on it, but as I mentioned, parts are easy to get for that one from Pumps and Pressure in GP. think I'm going to fix it again and sell it. I've gone thru a few cheapo ones over the years, but mostly from leaving them outside too long and freezing them

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahhh i see.... yeah .... im not that lucky... mine went while i was washing...lol ... i thought it was a great idea too... still do.. but with going thru 2 of them ... i don't want to try a 3 rd... anyways...i still think its a great little unit.... just wish it would last a little longer then a year for me.... now see ..you got 3 years... that's not bad...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know what's gonna happen now.....the first time I go to use it, it's probably going to crap out on me because I talked positively about it lol

karma lol, she's a crazy beotch. go out and give it a kick, should be good.

on a side note, P A has the 1 inch gas pumps on sale $149. work good.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
karma lol, she's a crazy beotch. go out and give it a kick, should be good.

on a side note, P A has the 1 inch gas pumps on sale $149. work good.

They work great.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, I still seem to get wet!!!!

PA also sells the discharge hose $25 for 50 ft of hose with end fittings. I had the intake hose.

Top Bottom