classified adds

yippy82

Reaction score
I have a pet pieve about people who list things for sale and don't check out what other people are asking. If you want to sell it, reply to thier questions asap or don't bother advertising. If it s sold get rid of the add.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I strongly agree, that makes me mad. Especially on that hard to find part.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree..and guys that have sold their stuff need to take it off...I have contacted two different guys with cash in hand..."oh thats sold weeks ago"...

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pet pieve about people who list things for sale and don't check out what other people are asking. If you want to sell it, reply to thier questions asap or don't bother advertising. If it s sold get rid of the add.

I have to admit, I'm guilty of that but for good reason "I believe". I work over seas now as an Oilfield Supply Consultant and am not always available to keep on it at all times....though I do try! :(

....I agree with both, if there is no excuses, and or if already sold!!

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have quit trying. Every time I have contacted some one about buying something it's been the same story " oh that sold a long time ago". I see there are a few ads STILL on there even after I have called.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Would it make everyone happier if we could limit the time an item is allowed on the site to maybe 2 weeks...then you have to come back and renew it to keep it alive or it disappears? Any thoughts?

Also regarding posting your "for sale item" in the general posts. We set up the "Classifieds" so the threads wouldn't get cluttered with ads. We've been a bit too relaxed lately so I'm going to start closing the posts immediately if they don't have a link to the classifieds shown on the thread.
Those that do will get a few days before I shut it down.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would it make everyone happier if we could limit the time an item is allowed on the site to maybe 2 weeks...then you have to come back and renew it to keep it alive or it disappears? Any thoughts?

Also regarding posting your "for sale item" in the general posts. We set up the "Classifieds" so the threads wouldn't get cluttered with ads. We've been a bit too relaxed lately so I'm going to start closing the posts immediately if they don't have a link to the classifieds shown on the thread.

i think thats a good idea. 2 weeks is lots. thats all the bargain finder gives. i put a post up the other day looking for a clutch. found one at a store and removed my post immediatley:d

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds good to me.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah sounds good to me i have a couple adds on there not sure how to delete them well sled bunny u can delete them all of them thanks colin:d

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 weeks would be good SBR and another thing would be a e-mail sent to seller when a comment or question is posted.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good one delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete Maybe they check it out....:nono:

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 weeks would be good. I think for the most part people just forget to remove the ad after selling, but if they are still trying to sell something they are more likely to renew the ad. Just make sure it doesn't automatically renew.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
OK, the classifieds has been changed, at the end of two weeks the ad will be deleted. We are testing to see if the Peep who posted the ad will get a notice that the two weeks is up.
Unfortunately the software manufacturer does not have all the options we would like.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since we're talking about pet peeves here, my biggest one regarding classifieds is when people do not post pictures, or have chitty pictures. I skip over those ones. They obviously don't want to sell it that bad if they can't even put pics on. Oh... and the whole contact seller for price thing gets a little annoying too!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
there has been a few recent changes to the classified section. The adds will only run 2 weeks with no option to renew. But we are working hard on all the old adds that had auto renew on those adds will keep renewing themselves untill there deleted and eventually will. Look at the add number of the add if it's older than 2200 it's an older add that was renewed. I appoligize for any confusion this may have causedvand it should be fixed shortly. The classified section is third party software and they don't seem to give much support.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You have the relist option but were not sure if it will send you a notice...were testing it to find out. For now please make a note to yourself to check back in two weeks or the ad may just be gone. sorry,, that is the best we can do at this time.
2 weeks with a relist option built in thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom