Cisterns

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A question....... We're about to get our 3 load of water. Is there anything I need to put inside every few months, like softerner salt or ???
Or just leave it be, until someting changes?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
After enduring this last cold snap of -30 to -40 in the evenings, I'm quite happy to only see ice cubes in the tank and not sheets of ice.

So still very happy I went with a fibreglass tank and with the size, we are averaging 3 months between fillups of everyday use.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know too much about them but I think 3 months is getting borderline too long in between fill ups and where you need to shock it, especially if you stop using for a bit.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I am glad you are happy, I told you that they don't freeze! Anyways you don't have to shock or airate your water you will be fine, my shop is good after 6 months with water sitting in it, water doesn't go bad ha ha.

Sled denny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a reverse osmosis system which is easy to put in or we put a 225 gallon tank in basement for cooking and drinking lasts about six months 4/ 5 dollars to fill

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 months? How? Lol. My house kills 1000gal/week. Consistently. I would need like 20k gallons. Who’s idea was it to have daughters. I wish I could go 3 months, I get 3 weeks between top ups.

Top Bottom