Chunk Motorsports Done?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya Fernie they dont make any cash at all lol what a joke ! i wonder how they get to drive $70,000 dollar trucks ?? and $16,000 dollar sleds oh and what about the $60,000 dollar boat ??? Daddy bought it for them ??

Sounds like someone has some penus envy going on......Just sayn'

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least i didnt buy a "white" sled lol

ouch....that cut deep....although i'm sure you prefer black as that is most likely the color of your gt snowracer that your government appointed care giver pulls you around the backyard on......but you look badass with your blue hockey helmet on as well....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ouch....that cut deep....although i'm sure you prefer black as that is most likely the color of your gt snowracer that your government appointed care giver pulls you around the backyard on......but you look badass with your blue hockey helmet on as well....

Willy probably picked his sled out at Revelstoke late one night when all the Albertans were sleeping...

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Willy probably picked his sled out at Revelstoke late one night when all the Albertans were sleeping...

while i agree the price would be right for him i don't think he is even smart enough to steal 2nd let alone a sled....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went in to order a slip on exhust pipe, dealer wanted $495, can order same friggin thing out of the states for $300. 30 for shipping, i'm thinkin more than a 5% markup sean.

and if i were dealing in sleds, and all i sold was 30 sled last year, i'd be doing some second guessing, obviously. i'm overpriced, have pissed some people off and need a swift kick. for every sled you sell you also sell accesories for sled and rider. we are talking more money. if brp wanted me to sell 200 sleds, fawk i'd have no freakin problem, cut your sales price, advertise and sell every friggin one, plus all the sled and sled clothing, plus all the extra, warranty work and mods that are to be done, your saying you can't make money and put money in the bank. i'd say yer a friggin moron.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went in to order a slip on exhust pipe, dealer wanted $495, can order same friggin thing out of the states for $300. 30 for shipping, i'm thinkin more than a 5% markup sean.

and if i were dealing in sleds, and all i sold was 30 sled last year, i'd be doing some second guessing, obviously. i'm overpriced, have pissed some people off and need a swift kick. for every sled you sell you also sell accesories for sled and rider. we are talking more money. if brp wanted me to sell 200 sleds, fawk i'd have no freakin problem, cut your sales price, advertise and sell every friggin one, plus all the sled and sled clothing, plus all the extra, warranty work and mods that are to be done, your saying you can't make money and put money in the bank. i'd say yer a friggin moron.
Imdoo'n if you own a doo dealership you would be shut down in a month .I ran a doo dealership for 9 years and I had that attitude, and I had every dealer with in a 1000 km piss'd at me .They called are rep and almost shut use down so there's a lot more than under cutting everybody to run a dealer ship.Just saying and electrical is like 10/15% mark up.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so yer sayin plugs are only 15%. hmm i don't think so. plugs are electrical yes? and what dealerships, yer the only one in the area yes? unless yer a saturn dealer ship your sales price is not set by manufacturer. i don't think i'd be shut down, more than likely get more units. and i have done lots of sled shopping, the price is very flexable, out there. until you get down to the nitty gritty. then it's with 50 to 100 bucks. i have no problem shopping alberta and the states. and usually i don't take no for an answer.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Larry...with all due respect. Your post doesn't make alot of sense at the start. You are comparing Canadian pricing to US pricing. That doesn't make any sense? Now if you could buy it at your dealer for $495 and another Canadian dealer wanted $695 then you have an argument. Your business model is suspect as well. Like Tuke says the BRP rep would shut you down in one year. They did that to Blackfoot Motorsports and SeaDoo. You won't fit in and you will be gone. End of business.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI. In 2009 Skidoo parts had anywhere from 17% to 45% markup with plastic and oil on the low end and engine parts at the high end. There is no 100-200% markup in parts or clothing unless the clothing is a factory non current sale to dealers to move obsolete/non current clothing. Jbb has been in the tea. Lol. And Larry as far as the 75 cent rivit or washer. We don't price them, we just sell them. Take it up with the manufacturer. Some dealers do mark up lower point stuff like washers or oil. Why? I will never know. Sooner or later it will bite you and once you are branded a cheater its pretty hard to shake it. Ask some of the larger urban dealers.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes usa price to canadian. they order same part, they also get it at dealer cost, which is still 30% less, so where is the problem. parts canada, steen motors, kimpex? ur tryin to tell me they don't order direct. $300-30%= 210x 150% markup= don't equal $495. or my gozintas may be wrong. $300 retail to $495 retail is 165% markup in my book. and shipping i may be looking at $40. gst really don't matter as the customer i pay that anyway.

so as an ex dealer you tell me .

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI. In 2009 Skidoo parts had anywhere from 17% to 45% markup with plastic and oil on the low end and engine parts at the high end. There is no 100-200% markup in parts or clothing unless the clothing is a factory non current sale to dealers to move obsolete/non current clothing. Jbb has been in the tea. Lol. And Larry as far as the 75 cent rivit or washer. We don't price them, we just sell them. Take it up with the manufacturer. Some dealers do mark up lower point stuff like washers or oil. Why? I will never know. Sooner or later it will bite you and once you are branded a cheater its pretty hard to shake it. Ask some of the larger urban dealers.

BINGO! THANKYOU!

larry you are confusing a washer from the hardware store to a washer that a manufacturer sells to the dealer. and has to be transported. this goes for all parts

a dealer buys 100 washers a year and a hardware store buys 10,000.

there are parts the size of my fist that are 1000$+ they do not have 100% markup 5-20% is lots.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
then tell me why a tire dealer in edmonton can sell tires at retail for way less than anyone in this province and also can sell oem parts at less than most dealerships sell for.

i still buy lots of shheeet from the dealer, they are one of the better ones have parts in stock and i have no problem paying full retail, although they usually give me 15 % which helps.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BINGO! THANKYOU!

larry you are confusing a washer from the hardware store to a washer that a manufacturer sells to the dealer. and has to be transported. this goes for all parts

there are parts the size of my fist that are 1000$+ they do not have 100% markup 5-20% is lots.

hmm the washers sure didn't have brp #'s or bags. looked like right from bolts- are- us. hehe, yer fawked.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm the washers sure didn't have brp #'s or bags. looked like right from bolts- are- us. hehe, yer fawked.

lol ya that may be! but they went from bolts r us- to brp- then to the dealer. then to you. i have received lots of washers and bolts in brp bags simply because i was to lazy to go to the hardware store and find them myself. and yes it cost twice as much.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BINGO! THANKYOU!

in reality, i think we are just beating around the bush, the numbers are there for a dealer to make a friggin good living, some want to live better than others. the problem is that most forget we are becoming a global market whether we like it or not. and people want the cheapest price no matter were it comes from. if you don't stock it u lost a friggin sale. period.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes usa price to canadian. they order same part, they also get it at dealer cost, which is still 30% less, so where is the problem. parts canada, steen motors, kimpex? ur tryin to tell me they don't order direct. $300-30%= 210x 150% markup= don't equal $495. or my gozintas may be wrong. $300 retail to $495 retail is 165% markup in my book. and shipping i may be looking at $40. gst really don't matter as the customer i pay that anyway.

so as an ex dealer you tell me .
HaHa. Your asking me to explain to you the reason for the difference in US pricing to Canadian pricing? I'm not sure sitting down with the Dalai Lama and a couple boxes of twisted tea would get us any farther on the logic of that. That is a totally different argument for a different day. Sorry bud but its irrelevant to the conversation. Whoever knows the answer ain't telling I know that. If you can buy US cheaper then do it. Just don't call all the Canadian dealers crooks without having all the facts. Do me a favor.....when your at the next Mountain Mania or Jamboree and you win a door prize donated by one of those crooks then hand it back and tell them no thanks as you prefer to buy your stuff across the line. Fair enough?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa. Your asking me to explain to you the reason for the difference in US pricing to Canadian pricing? I'm not sure sitting down with the Dalai Lama and a couple boxes of twisted tea would get us any farther on the logic of that. That is a totally different argument for a different day. Sorry bud but its irrelevant to the conversation. Whoever knows the answer ain't telling I know that. If you can buy US cheaper then do it. Just don't call all the Canadian dealers crooks without having all the facts. Do me a favor.....when your at the next Mountain Mania or Jamboree and you win a door prize donated by one of those crooks then hand it back and tell them no thanks as you prefer to buy your stuff across the line. Fair enough?

fair enough, and i don't regret a dealer making money, and as i said i go to the dealer first, if he has part i need, i buy it from him. as i need it now. but if all he is doing is ordering , i can do the same. and as far as i'm concerned prizes are not a draw for me.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair enough, and i don't regret a dealer making money, and as i said i go to the dealer first, if he has part i need, i buy it from him. as i need it now. but if all he is doing is ordering , i can do the same. and as far as i'm concerned prizes are not a draw for me.

Who knows? We can dump the monk and me and you can figure it out over some teas and a campfire. Just keep your crack where it belongs. Lmao!!

Top Bottom