Chunk Motorsports Done?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in High River this morning and a business owner told me that Chunk Motorsports has closed there doors for good. There doesn't seem to be much info on why but the word is all the employees are looking for new employment. Anybody else hear anything? They were a good Cat dealer from everything I heard.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in High River this morning and a business owner told me that Chunk Motorsports has closed there doors for good. There doesn't seem to be much info on why but the word is all the employees are looking for new employment. Anybody else hear anything? They were a good Cat dealer from everything I heard.

I hope they are done. Willy was a crook...but to be fair 2 people can walk into the same store and have two completely opposite experiences. Mine with him was just crap.

Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've called Willy a lot of things but I don't remember a crook being one of them. Sorry that was oneyewilly!

ok...umm well I will get modded if I call him any of the other names I am thinking. :D Bastid? I can say that on here can't I? :D

And wouldn't this make the second power sports store in High River to close it's doors?!?! (Just looked back, High River Motorsports went under too...wonder whats going on?! Sucks for all the good employees. :( )

Last edited:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok...umm well I will get modded if I call him any of the other names I am thinking. :D Bastid? I can say that on here can't I? :D

And wouldn't this make the second power sports store in High River to close it's doors?!?! (Just looked back, High River Motorsports went under too...wonder whats going on?! Sucks for all the good employees. :( )

you can say fawk. pizz chit gawd dam muther facker. azzhole. does that help? and beeeeep..... lol

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i know a dealer in northern alberta that is a cat dealer and is looking for a service manager and a parts person..... and yes we are accepting resumes... and the boss is a great guy...;) imo

and yes it sucks when dealerships close by it shows that we are nt tripping over bags of money..... like everyone thinks...just running a business having some fun, and making a honest buck!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i know a dealer in northern alberta that is a cat dealer and is looking for a service manager and a parts person..... and yes we are accepting resumes... and the boss is a great guy...;) imo

and yes it sucks when dealerships close by it shows that we are nt tripping over bags of money..... like everyone thinks...just running a business having some fun, and making a honest buck!

so true buddy,,, just beacause there is a Cat or Polaris sign out front doesnt mean they are printing money that's for sure..... I was always treated well by there staff, well when Jenn was there lol,, actualy they even took a CCU out of a sled on the show room floor and let me have it as mine was on order,,, now that is service, I didnt even buy my cat from them!

typical customer quote " ahh you guys are a big dealer you have lots of money" maybe the HUGE manufacturer has lots of money but probably not the little dealer FYI.....

its sad to see anyone go OUT of business unless its well deserved maybe someone can fill us in

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had so many discussions about the difficulty competing with the US in pricing. Profit margins kinda bite in our Canadian market, shipping is a killer. When a dealership goes under, the point is brought up about the hardship employees will face now that they are out of work. That would really be hard for a person trying to support a family in today's economy, or just the average joe, trying to get ahead. It would suck for the customers who now probably have to travel further for warranty work, and parts at the spur of the moment.
It is rough trying to run a profitable business in today's economy, but we have a stronger economy than many countries out there, so we should take a look at it, and decide if we want to contribute to our Canadian economy or not. Sometimes we don't think of the reasons to buy local,(me included) till it effects you first hand.

I hope it all works out for everyone involved.

Momma :)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had so many discussions about the difficulty competing with the US in pricing. Profit margins kinda bite in our Canadian market, shipping is a killer. When a dealership goes under, the point is brought up about the hardship employees will face now that they are out of work. That would really be hard for a person trying to support a family in today's economy, or just the average joe, trying to get ahead. It would suck for the customers who now probably have to travel further for warranty work, and parts at the spur of the moment.
It is rough trying to run a profitable business in today's economy, but we have a stronger economy than many countries out there, so we should take a look at it, and decide if we want to contribute to our Canadian economy or not. Sometimes we don't think of the reasons to buy local,(me included) till it effects you first hand.

I hope it all works out for everyone involved.

Momma :)

Recommend

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most places charge $75.00 dollars for hourly rate on labour ... they are not going broke from fixxin ppls crap

You keep sucking on that reefer on your back porch there screwball cause your business sense is nothing short of non existant. What a stupid fawkin remark.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right you aint no crook, more of a clown, speaking of that how has your travelling circus been doing this year, do they let you guess peoples weights yet or are you still running the tilt a whirl

back to the topic !! dont confuse this willy guy with oneyewilly...this willy aint no crook

Top Bottom