Chunk Motorsports Done?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha......saving money for the winter, eh!

In the construction world that is a the way it goes. If a company is busy, they will high ball the price cause they don't really want it or need it. If you are willing to pay the big bucks they will accommodate you.

Like you said, "ask around". You probably paid cash to boot!

Going back to the sled dealers there sure are a lot of peeps who don't understand and won't change their opinion one iota......but they surely know it all!!

works the same buying new sleds, visited every do dealer that i could get to when i snow checked a sled, price difference of $1800 between dealers. i checked northern ab, central, eastern and southern, i also checked at milo they where quite high by the way.. hehe. red deer was 8 to 900 less. buck lake was 700 less than red deer and and grassland dealer was less again. so jt is right on the money, shop around. it's your money.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
works the same buying new sleds, visited every do dealer that i could get to when i snow checked a sled, price difference of $1800 between dealers. i checked norther ab, central, eastern and southern, i also checked at milo they where quite high by the way.. hehe. red deer was 8 tp 900 less. buck lake was 700 less than red deer and and grassland dealer was less again. so jt is right on the money, shop around. it's your money.

So which of those dealers will be charging you $75/hr for service? That is the question......hahahaha

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So which of those dealers will be charging you $75/hr for service? That is the question......hahahaha

Trackside, I think they are $70 or so now, was $65 last time I had something done. Have to check for sure next time I'm in town.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

don't see any, all the ones around here are $90 +, i would suggest for the difference of $400 or so to purchase from yer local dealer. but i never had any problems as i do most of repairs etc myself, and pretty much as soon as i buy a new sled it is off warranty anyway, so where is the upside. i like putting the extra money into the sled istead of a dealer where they have a teenager workin on my machines, at $90 /hr.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trackside, I think they are $70 or so now, was $65 last time I had something done. Have to check for sure next time I'm in town.

better give them a call as there sign says $90 now. and i think the $75/hr, is a figment of someones overactive imagination.

• Thanks
Reactions: DRD

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
better give them a call as there sign says $90 now. and i think the $75/hr, is a figment of someones overactive imagination.

I guess it was only a matter of time before he felt the competition of the patch for employees.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it was only a matter of time before he felt the competition of the patch for employees.

i'm thinkin it may be something to do with brp, 3 dealers that i've been to lately are sporting said signs. may not be everyone yet, but it is coming, to a dealer near u. thanks friggin economy.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Charge what the market will let you. If you can get 100+ more power to you. The market will help determine what it's worth/hr. I find it's absurd that people will pay $118 to work on their bike at Blackfoot but oil companies whine when we charge $100 to work on a $50 million steam turbine/generator.
Quick look on Kijiji:

MEDICINE HAT'S QUALITY REPAIR SHOP ONLY $70 HR. SHOP RATE - Alberta Auto Repairs, Maintenance Services - Kijiji Alberta Canada.

Import specailist $75 /Hours call 403-248-2111 - Alberta Auto Repairs, Maintenance Services - Kijiji Alberta Canada.

Out Of Province Inspections, Mechanical Repairs, Calgary - Alberta Auto Repairs, Maintenance Services - Kijiji Alberta Canada.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes that's what i heard. didn't want to spend the millions on a new building, like bucklake bob, etc. not sure what they are trying to do, other than portray some kind of image. loseing all the good dealers.

Last edited:

mick

Reaction score
i guess he never lost much, if he never paid anyone. so who's laughing now. looks like everyone lost, but a shady chatracter, usually comes out on the shiny side. to do it all again somewhere else.

I actually looked the crooks name up and he is a fn realtor.... I'm almost cryin i'm laughing so hard.....carma is a sweet... sweet bitch

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On another but similar note, did BRP pull sales of new machines from Trackside or am I thinking of someone else up that way?

From what Marvin told me is that BRP has not renewed their contract to be a sales centre for Ski-Doo & Can-am products but will still be using Trackside as an authorized BRP service and warranty dealer for at least the next two years and after that who knows what?????

CSW8

Reaction score
So original question was what happened to Chunk Motorsports and how would I contact someone, I need to return and need info on a ATV I purchased???

Top Bottom