Chistmas Ideas?

Reaction score
So I just dropped more than I wanted on Amazon.ca, for Christmas presents. Love the convenience and selection... BUT it's almost too easy and therefore I spend more. Anyway, since I almost finished my shopping in 2 hours online (yay!) I have Christmas on my mind.

- What cool ideas do you have for gifts? I'm having trouble buying for a 14 year old boy (no more electronics!).
- What do you think my wife would prefer for a stocking-stuffer? A collapsible shovel, or 2 stroke oil? *heheheh*

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the boy a $325.00 gift certificate for a tattoo shop, wife maybe a gift certificate for a clothing store she goes too.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are his hobbies? I'd lean towards shooting or fishing stuff?

As far as the wife I have no idea. When you find out get me one for my wife too. Haha

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a crossbow when I was 14 (33 years ago) though it was the coolest thing and I still have it, cause it's still cool ;) Maybe your boy will too???

I'm looking at getting the gf, something like a fleece onezie........ She always complains about being cold. I saw one in a Cabela's flyer and think I'll go that route, with a couple of little things too.

Reaction score
His 14 boy would like the catalog from Victoria secret.

At 14 I would of liked fishing gear or out doors. Buy him a gun! Gives you a excuse to use your new pal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do the legalities of that work? He can't have a PAL as far as I understand. Can he legally shoot with parental supervision?

Reaction score
Get the boy a $325.00 gift certificate for a tattoo shop, wife maybe a gift certificate for a clothing store she goes too.

What an odd number to choose? Why so specific? Also you have to be 18 to get tattood anywhere I've got ink from anyway.

Reaction score

As far as the wife I have no idea. When you find out get me one for my wife too. Haha

This is part of the problem. He has no hobbies. YouTube .... *sigh*. I brought him to the gym with me for a week, hoping he'd love it like I do. Nope...... We put him in guitar lessons for 6 months, bought him an amp and guitar, and dropped a grand on this or that. That was last Xmas. He hasn't touched his guitar in months. If I bought him *ANY* hand held electronics device, he'd be happy.

Reaction score
I got a crossbow when I was 14 (33 years ago) though it was the coolest thing and I still have it, cause it's still cool ;) Maybe your boy will too???

I'm looking at getting the gf, something like a fleece onezie........ She always complains about being cold. I saw one in a Cabela's flyer and think I'll go that route, with a couple of little things too.

I always wanted a crossbow, and he has expressed some interest in archery, but I had already mentioned that to his mom recent;y and she vetoed me. In this case I didn't argue too much.

Reaction score

As for the wife, I settled on BOTH the shovel, and skidoo oil. ;) lol

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is part of the problem. He has no hobbies. YouTube .... *sigh*. I brought him to the gym with me for a week, hoping he'd love it like I do. Nope...... We put him in guitar lessons for 6 months, bought him an amp and guitar, and dropped a grand on this or that. That was last Xmas. He hasn't touched his guitar in months. If I bought him *ANY* hand held electronics device, he'd be happy.

If hes into hand held devices buy him a GPS and some camping gear.Its very hard to buy for a kid that's into electronics and nothing else..........Good luck!!!

Reaction score
If hes into hand held devices buy him a GPS and some camping gear.Its very hard to buy for a kid that's into electronics and nothing else..........Good luck!!!

I wish he was that "normal". We bought him a brand new bike last summer.... he might... MIGHT have got on it 3 times. WTF kind of kid uses their new bike 3 times all summer??? He is a video game junky, and his biological (dead beat loser) dad buys him Nintendo DS / DSI / iPod / Console / etc for his birthday once a year and is the hero. Then it is me and his mom that pay the electricity for 10 ****ing devices year round, and put up with his tantrums when you try and get him to do a chore, or even just get off the device-of-the-day and clean his room.

I like my video games too, don't get me wrong, but this kid doesn't like anything BUT video games..... I'm hoping when a girl finally shows some interest in him, his balls will drop and he will want to shower more regularly, and go outside more often. /kids

I'd like to put him in karate (or any local martial art), and see if he learns any self-discipline ....

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pair of sidecutters would fix that!! Try and see if he would like skiing, my son likes this anywhere and everywhere now Ab/Bc home etc... usually get him a seasons pass to some loxal hill or mtn top!!

Reaction score
Pair of sidecutters would fix that!! Try and see if he would like skiing, my son likes this anywhere and everywhere now Ab/Bc home etc... usually get him a seasons pass to some loxal hill or mtn top!!

Side-cutters would fix???? His is collection of devices? lol So would my vice/drill press/soon to be SKS (or the like).

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I feel your pain !

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do the legalities of that work? He can't have a PAL as far as I understand. Can he legally shoot with parental supervision?

I think at 14 you can get jr pal and can shoot with a parent around. Get a 22 and take him chicken hunting.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think up until 16 he is covered under your PAL if you are there to supervise. Have you tried taking him snowmobiling?

Reaction score
I think at 14 you can get jr pal and can shoot with a parent around. Get a 22 and take him chicken hunting.

Interesting I was not aware of that. (newb myself). I'd have to seriously consider it. He's uncoordinated unless using a mouse and keyboard. I'm not sure I trust him with scissors nevermind something more lethal lol

Top Bottom