Chev vs Ford ... Rumboe in the Rockies ... third party results!!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets just say this, at the end of the day the dodge diesel holds its value better then the chev or ford. that says it all. v8 diesels are crap. i dont know about you boys but i LOVE CUMMIN! :d

chev and dodge are so close on values you cant even compare it! it really fluctuates year to year in 2007 you couldnt buy a loaded dmax with under 100,000 km's for anything under $35000 were cummins was in the high 20's for the same truck then 08 hit and the ford was doinf better for resale than the others it goes up and down so much so that is not a good argument! but explain to me why dodge is planning a v8 diesel????

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never mentioned anything planned about a crappy little vr halfton ISAID V8 DIESEL FROM DODGE!!!!!!!!!! and yes they are planning it so keep chirpin about the crappy v8 cause it just whooped your inline 6 BADLY!!!!! urea is only added because of california emmissions laws! you think gm and ford wanna put in all this emmissions chyte oh hell no! so you do what you gotta do to pass emmissions and yeah chev or ford never ran urea in 2010 just 2011 so yes dodge will more than likely be next so yeah not a sales pitch at all just a thing required by the government!
Dodge is safe until 2014 emmisions and passed 2010 emissions in 2007, so no urea for the 2500 and 3500 dodge, And what other brand of truck is the Dmax offered in? Oh I forgot Isuzu helped gm with that engine so maybe japan built trucks.:d
The cummins 5.9L and 6.7L is offered in Freightliner, kenworth, peterbilt, the list goes on and on. Chev didn't have a decent engine till 2001 AFTER switching engine suppliers. They struggled with the 6.2 natural asp, and the 6.5 natural and turbo engines both in the 1500 to 3500 series, that was also the year the 5.9L cummins HO was offered
Oh your're right it was a typo I was thinking of the benz diesel. but yah it's in a 1500, 2012 changes: A six speed automatic has been confirmed — it is to be a reprogrammed or otherwise modified version of the current 545RFE.
A Cummins V8 diesel is listed on dealer systems, but it MIGHT be a late-availability, military-only option; this engine generates 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque. The quiet, high-revving engine (redline is over 5,000 rpm) is said to get highway gas mileage in the mid-20s in half-ton trucks. A hybrid powertrain also shows on dealer systems, but this might be for the PHEV test truck fleet.
2011 changes: The 2011 Ram 1500 has an optional factory-installed spray-in bedliner, a new midline navigation system with the hard-drive stereo, and a standard touch-screen stereo with hard drive on Sport models. The SLT is expected to be responsible for half of sales.
The new Outdoorsman model takes over from the old TRX, and is targeted at customers who hunt, fish, or camp, with added standard features for those activities — including mud/slush mats and fog lights. It is an addition to the SLT package and have either the 4.7 or 5.7 engines. Fred Diaz wrote in late September 2010, “Based on dealer and media feedback, the Outdoorsman package has been very well received. The name and combination of features is resonating quite well. Dealer orders have been well above expectations.”
Theres your answer on the V8
Oh I and I was right on the v6 as well have a read.
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/dodge/0612dp_new_cummins_v6_and_v8/index.html

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge is safe until 2014 emmisions and passed 2010 emissions in 2007, so no urea for the 2500 and 3500 dodge, And what other brand of truck is the Dmax offered in? Oh I forgot Isuzu helped gm with that engine so maybe japan built trucks.:d
The cummins 5.9L and 6.7L is offered in Freightliner, kenworth, peterbilt, the list goes on and on. Chev didn't have a decent engine till 2001 AFTER switching engine suppliers. They struggled with the 6.2 natural asp, and the 6.5 natural and turbo engines both in the 1500 to 3500 series, that was also the year the 5.9L cummins HO was offered
Oh your're right it was a typo I was thinking of the benz diesel. but yah it's in a 1500, 2012 changes: A six speed automatic has been confirmed — it is to be a reprogrammed or otherwise modified version of the current 545RFE.
A Cummins V8 diesel is listed on dealer systems, but it MIGHT be a late-availability, military-only option; this engine generates 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque. The quiet, high-revving engine (redline is over 5,000 rpm) is said to get highway gas mileage in the mid-20s in half-ton trucks. A hybrid powertrain also shows on dealer systems, but this might be for the PHEV test truck fleet.
2011 changes: The 2011 Ram 1500 has an optional factory-installed spray-in bedliner, a new midline navigation system with the hard-drive stereo, and a standard touch-screen stereo with hard drive on Sport models. The SLT is expected to be responsible for half of sales.
The new Outdoorsman model takes over from the old TRX, and is targeted at customers who hunt, fish, or camp, with added standard features for those activities — including mud/slush mats and fog lights. It is an addition to the SLT package and have either the 4.7 or 5.7 engines. Fred Diaz wrote in late September 2010, “Based on dealer and media feedback, the Outdoorsman package has been very well received. The name and combination of features is resonating quite well. Dealer orders have been well above expectations.”
Theres your answer on the V8
Oh I and I was right on the v6 as well have a read.
New Cummins V6 and V8 Diesel Engines - Exclusive Preview - Diesel Power Magazine

Who cares about the urea thing man tiny little thing to do to have the best truck (s) out there. your rite gm doesnt offer it in other trucks just gm the way it should be! 1 company 1 motor! do any of you guys understand how a truck is built obviously caper doesnt! yes a truck can be assembled here in us or canada the parts come from different countries did you know that dodge is also produced in mexico!:eek:! yes I dont care about naturally apirated diesels I'm talking turbo power when diesels became real good and fun! the 6.6 has held it's own and then some against your cummins and fords and usually chev is the more powerful truck of dodge and chev and if you dont think so well we can race your piddly 6.7 against my 6.6 all day long i'll even take the chip out to make it fair for ya! and yes that H.O was nothing great lots of friends had them some still do after they added fuel boxes and injectors to them did they ever kind of work still couldnt beat a chev or ford in a race usually tranny shyte the bed after you threw another 60 hp at it unless they had the 6 speed then by the time they were in 6 we would already be at then end of a 1/4 mile with the 5.9 cummins you had 1 good thing a great motor tranny and drivetrain was junk! how did dodge like that death wobble? were as chev had and has a great tranny and drivetrain and a fairly solid motor and NO DEATH WOBBLE so chev kind of had the best of both worlds amazing tranny and driveline and really decent motor I would rather have the solid tranny and great motor w/no death wobble vs the dodge with one good thing going for it! All in all my chev is great on fuel,amazingly comfortable wich is important when you spend seat time in your truck,pulls anything I need to pull,great power, and well never ever left me stranded on the side of the road! you can keep your half tons all half tons are crap unles they are toyota or nissan the dodge is junk cause of that overrated tired hemi that needs to be retired, chev put out the 6.2 for the halftons and seem to be ok for has the new motors should be interesting to see how they do but still a domestic halfton thats why we also own nissan gmc diesels and nissan halftons best of both worlds!

riffrraffing

Reaction score
yes ford may be all american design but the all american design is crappin the bed in a big way! shell canada at the waterton gas plant but all new ford's for there fleet this year and well guess what the trucks have spent more time in the shop on a hoist than in the fields. Also why do you think so many people replace there FORD motors with CUMMINS motors... ford is known to fail and fail badly! the reason you see so many fords for fleet vehicles is because who in there right minds is gonna give there employees a nice truck like a chev or dodge to go rat bag and have to replace every 100,000 km's there just a overpriced disposable truck! a 5 year old chevy is worth atleast $8,000-10,000 more than the ford and the ford cost more to buy! everyone knows that the import vehicles are the better built vehicles compared to domestic and yes chevy motor is made by import izuzu and is working quite well!

This is not true. Get you facts straight.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually it is!!! I'm done on here anyways I'm a chevy guy always will be if I hasd my choice besides chevy it would be a cummins but definately not a ford. dodge I'm sure is working on something to come out and be great as chevy did with the 2011 diesel all three are now involved in a diesel war much like the muscle car era so it should be real good for the consumer when these 3 giants battle it out for king of the mountain! Chevy won this year we will see who wins it next year and what all changes then we can have this discussion again ! but my facts are very straight something maybe slightly off but not much as for the pricing part of that argument dodge and chev have the highest resale value of the big 3 and rite now it is very close in comparison between the two!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who cares about the urea thing man tiny little thing to do to have the best truck (s) out there. your rite gm doesnt offer it in other trucks just gm the way it should be! 1 company 1 motor! do any of you guys understand how a truck is built obviously caper doesnt! yes a truck can be assembled here in us or canada the parts come from different countries did you know that dodge is also produced in mexico!:eek:! yes I dont care about naturally apirated diesels I'm talking turbo power when diesels became real good and fun! the 6.6 has held it's own and then some against your cummins and fords and usually chev is the more powerful truck of dodge and chev and if you dont think so well we can race your piddly 6.7 against my 6.6 all day long i'll even take the chip out to make it fair for ya! and yes that H.O was nothing great lots of friends had them some still do after they added fuel boxes and injectors to them did they ever kind of work still couldnt beat a chev or ford in a race usually tranny shyte the bed after you threw another 60 hp at it unless they had the 6 speed then by the time they were in 6 we would already be at then end of a 1/4 mile with the 5.9 cummins you had 1 good thing a great motor tranny and drivetrain was junk! how did dodge like that death wobble? were as chev had and has a great tranny and drivetrain and a fairly solid motor and NO DEATH WOBBLE so chev kind of had the best of both worlds amazing tranny and driveline and really decent motor I would rather have the solid tranny and great motor w/no death wobble vs the dodge with one good thing going for it! All in all my chev is great on fuel,amazingly comfortable wich is important when you spend seat time in your truck,pulls anything I need to pull,great power, and well never ever left me stranded on the side of the road! you can keep your half tons all half tons are crap unles they are toyota or nissan the dodge is junk cause of that overrated tired hemi that needs to be retired, chev put out the 6.2 for the halftons and seem to be ok for has the new motors should be interesting to see how they do but still a domestic halfton thats why we also own nissan gmc diesels and nissan halftons best of both worlds!
This was fun! but one again you missed my point, Your "line em up" chip em boost em whatever, way of thinking works for you I guess. All three engines are great engines!, but as a mechanic i'll stick to the one that has a proven history.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jaredszakacs you should go line up your dmax against some of the old 12v if you think their slow and old, put a trailer behind them and you MIGHT get within a few seconds of them, there is 12v running 10's all day long as some in the 9's. They are not competing with the new diesels, they are stomping all over them, I doubt there is a 2011 out there yet that will run with the top 12v's out there just yet.

If dodge put a v8 instead of I6 in their pickup they wouldn't sell ANY trucks. Inline is a FAR superior design then a V, no question about it it's the reason any bigger truck is inline, all the v's has been or are currently being phased out.

salbendidi

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jaredszakacs is a tard. arguing on the net is like getting 1st place in the special olympics. at the end of the day, your still a retard!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jaredszakacs you should go line up your dmax against some of the old 12v if you think their slow and old, put a trailer behind them and you MIGHT get within a few seconds of them, there is 12v running 10's all day long as some in the 9's. They are not competing with the new diesels, they are stomping all over them, I doubt there is a 2011 out there yet that will run with the top 12v's out there just yet.

If dodge put a v8 instead of I6 in their pickup they wouldn't sell ANY trucks. Inline is a FAR superior design then a V, no question about it it's the reason any bigger truck is inline, all the v's has been or are currently being phased out.

Yes a mod 12V can make some great power. What does that have to do with consumer trucks off the lot pulling trailers? I like my Cummins but have to admire the Dmax. Great plug in power that can be detuned to tow or turned up for play. And don't kid yourself, they are plenty of industrial engines in the V format. Little truck engines are often inline but this has as much to do with packaging in the tractor and cost to manufacture as it does with the nice torque/low vibration.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

we are talking stock to stock there is a ton of dmaxes and cummins all modded up that would rape those 12 v just go find dimitri millard! yeah exactly you tell me about a cummins with 1400 hp oh ya thats rite theres not to many out there! anyone can make a truck go fast with mods you handicap I have chip intake exhaust fuel pump and some very minor other things and the truck runds low - mid 13's that is with only $2500 invested into my motor now if i put even another lets say $5000 and do my tranny and turbo with my different tunning I would be close to low- mid 12's and yes that would be with under $10,000 in performance there is NO 12v stock that would ever in there dreams keep up to a new one stock! Yes the cummins motor makes good power when it is modded all up so does any truck hence the new 6.7 ford chip intake and exhaust and it is 580 hp try that with an old cummins with tunning oh yeah your rite it's impossible! you wanna go mod for mod there is no truck on the market that makes as much power with tunning as ford and chev remeber this was a talk of stock to stock not severly modded to stock!

Last edited by a moderator:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jaredszakacs is a tard. arguing on the net is like getting 1st place in the special olympics. at the end of the day, your still a retard!

hey i'm not the only one arguing now you just joined in so welcome to the special olympics retard!

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There certainly is some missed points, as well as no ones willing to even think about listening to what the other persons saying. Im 15, and even I can realize your arguing like a bunch of 12 year olds, about chit that doesn't matter. Of course this is just my:twocents:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so gm provided the ford hey hmmmm on this test they made everything as fair as could be same interior options,same 2500-3500 chassis and yes the ford even had the update for the power so how can you say that it was unfair because chev bought the ford sounds like another ford loyalist that just cant except the fact that his beloved truck that cost more than the chevy got SMOKED and yeah didnt you see the first test done between the big three ford had there updated 400hp 800 torque truck up against the last year models of chev and the 2010 dodge the chev was only 365 hp and 685 torque thats just a little bit of an unfair test but hey thats for for you having to run up against the less powerful trucks to make them selves look real impressive when really they arent impressive at all!! and yes the exhaust brake works way better in the chev than the fords and yes the dodges. I have drove the new 2010 cummins with a 30 foot enclosed towing a load of harley bikes from spokane and yeah that exahust brake works good on the dodge but not as good as the new chevs it is about time dodge stepped up the interior and ride comfort it was really needed! But the test proves it CHEVY is the king of the mountains hands down. I'm sure you dont care about how fast you make it up a mountain towing a trailer I hear so many people say that then try and go blowing by you up the rogers pass

do you post just to see your lips flap. who are you trying so hard to convince. tests are generally skewed to reflect what the tester wants to promote. sounds to me like you are the type that will believe any flavour of the month.

chevys all need a goodwrench i hear.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha your so right buddy i do it to get people are stirred up lol seems to be working reall good! But in a way it does matter it's all about who has the meaneast STOCK TRAILER HAULER

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about this shell having lots of problems with their new fords. I work at a ford dealer as a tech and out of all the 6.7l we service for fleets and regular joe we have only had 2 come in for engine problems, and they were both stupid little things. So far they seem like a good reliable engine not like the 6.0 and 6.4 (which wern't ford built). And in the end i would still drive a ford even if it don't make it up a hill quit as fast who cares. Really theres no point in this argument online here, cause really he said she said chit ain't real world.

riffrraffing

Reaction score
actually it is!!! I'm done on here anyways I'm a chevy guy always will be if I hasd my choice besides chevy it would be a cummins but definately not a ford. dodge I'm sure is working on something to come out and be great as chevy did with the 2011 diesel all three are now involved in a diesel war much like the muscle car era so it should be real good for the consumer when these 3 giants battle it out for king of the mountain! Chevy won this year we will see who wins it next year and what all changes then we can have this discussion again ! but my facts are very straight something maybe slightly off but not much as for the pricing part of that argument dodge and chev have the highest resale value of the big 3 and rite now it is very close in comparison between the two!

Where do you get your information on the statement that the Shell guys are having problems with their 2011 Ford Diesels? I am very curious...

str8 ballin

Reaction score
IFS in a 3/4 or 1ton truck doesnt hold up. Dont see no chevys up north and never will till they get the front end fixed.

quad4life

Reaction score
ok i,m putting my 2 cents in I have both chev and ford trucks in my co. and i can tell you first hand {i get the repair bills} my chev duromax has cost me 5 times more in service than the ford they both have the same km. i will give you an example 3000.oo to fix an oring in my allison tranny thankyou chev ouch. do your self a favor get a cummons they run forever my buddy has one with 550000 km on it and still going and he hauls horses with it

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you get your information on the statement that the Shell guys are having problems with their 2011 Ford Diesels? I am very curious...

I get it rite from the guys who work at the shell waterton complex as i used to live there for 16 years so still know the locals who work there and so far not having much luck with them

Top Bottom