Chev vs Ford ... Rumboe in the Rockies ... third party results!!!

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im glad they found these results, the ford promos and videos say the opposite

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome yeah of course ford used there most powerful truck they had up against a 2010 dmax in there promo videos it's the only way ford could win! then of course on here ford goes crying and says we wuld have beat you in a longer race yeah ok CHEV WHIPED THERE @$$ WITH FORD! lets see how many ford lovers come on here and start crying about unfair testing

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Still too bad they didn't have a dodge in the equation...... Just for comparisons sake

Agreed! Espescially since most guys pull more than the manufacturers GVW...

Funny, all of us are in different industries, so it would be great to see a 'worksite test' where the trucks were actually tested to different industries. Now that would be a real test...

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do believe ford sells more pickups than dodge and government motors combined...or else its very very close.

correct me if i am wrong

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dodge wasnt in the test cause it doesnt compare to the new fords and chevs thats why it wasnt there yes more people tow over what the suggested weight is but hey this was a test on stock to stock. and well that IFS grocery getter just whooped your solid axle coil spring POS @$$ and still is more comfy to ride in while towing bigger loads faster and safer than ford and dodge I knew the dodge and ford guys would be on here whinning about it! my friend on facebook was whinning to his argument was the chev is ugly,it has small tires, and it took more than 8 years to figure out. yes small tires yes took more than 8 years to get it perfect but hey it only took 1 motor to do it not like ford with the 7.3,6.uh oh,6.4,6.7 or the cummins with 5.9,6.7 now duramax 6.6 yeah thats rite 1 motor. ford even with the big sneaky update couldnt come close to beating the chev with less hp and torque bravo ford back to the drawing board you go better produce a big 12 litre diesel then they may compete

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to say that The Dodge Cummins got it right the first time, At least you doen't need to run urea in the 2500 and 3500 trucks. I drove all the fully loaded 2011 trucks, the ford was nice loved the tranny, and had lots of creature comforts, the dodge was the best bang for the buck rode the nicest considering the front end, Ride was comparable to the 2011 chev. The chev was over priced for the Plain interior leather, wasn't impressed, was the same price as the ford and the ford had way more creature comforts, the Denalli was more money yet!! The exhaust brake on the chev will help but is way weaker than the dodge exhaust brake. They say the new ford had one but I couldn't find the switch to activate it and neither could the salesman.
The dodge May be down on HP and TQ But all I know is They got rid of V8 diesels in big trucks along time ago.
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/1010dp_2011_ford_vs_ram_vs_gm_diesel_truck/index.html
Considering the HP and TQ disavantage if the dodge I think It held it's own on that test.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heh cheby also provided the ford for the test which started to raise flags for me when I first read about this test last month.

Yeah it looks like the turbos cant produce the air at altitude but do I really care if i am a minute or 2 slower hauling a full load up a mountain...not really, give me the ford anyways, atleast I wouldn't leave dents on the tin hood from my hands when I close it

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do believe ford sells more pickups than dodge and government motors combined...or else its very very close.

correct me if i am wrong
The reason for ford selling more to Large fleets and I didn't know this till the other day that for every 10 trucks purchaced the leasing company, they get a free one. Could be BS but that what I was told by the fleet manager at work.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

correct me if i am wrong
you would be wrong. General Motors outsells Ford year after year in truck sales. Ford makes the claim "best selling LINE of trucks" because they sell more than GMC branded, or Chevrolet branded trucks respectively.....but not combined.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so gm provided the ford hey hmmmm on this test they made everything as fair as could be same interior options,same 2500-3500 chassis and yes the ford even had the update for the power so how can you say that it was unfair because chev bought the ford sounds like another ford loyalist that just cant except the fact that his beloved truck that cost more than the chevy got SMOKED and yeah didnt you see the first test done between the big three ford had there updated 400hp 800 torque truck up against the last year models of chev and the 2010 dodge the chev was only 365 hp and 685 torque thats just a little bit of an unfair test but hey thats for for you having to run up against the less powerful trucks to make them selves look real impressive when really they arent impressive at all!! and yes the exhaust brake works way better in the chev than the fords and yes the dodges. I have drove the new 2010 cummins with a 30 foot enclosed towing a load of harley bikes from spokane and yeah that exahust brake works good on the dodge but not as good as the new chevs it is about time dodge stepped up the interior and ride comfort it was really needed! But the test proves it CHEVY is the king of the mountains hands down. I'm sure you dont care about how fast you make it up a mountain towing a trailer I hear so many people say that then try and go blowing by you up the rogers pass

Last edited:

merv jennett

Reaction score

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes ford may be all american design but the all american design is crappin the bed in a big way! shell canada at the waterton gas plant but all new ford's for there fleet this year and well guess what the trucks have spent more time in the shop on a hoist than in the fields. Also why do you think so many people replace there FORD motors with CUMMINS motors... ford is known to fail and fail badly! the reason you see so many fords for fleet vehicles is because who in there right minds is gonna give there employees a nice truck like a chev or dodge to go rat bag and have to replace every 100,000 km's there just a overpriced disposable truck! a 5 year old chevy is worth atleast $8,000-10,000 more than the ford and the ford cost more to buy! everyone knows that the import vehicles are the better built vehicles compared to domestic and yes chevy motor is made by import izuzu and is working quite well!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good non bias test but one thing that never was mentioned was fuel used or economy cost per km for the average person.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Whole test is crap in my opinion...1 day test, cmon, lets see both trucks pull that same load 5 days a week for a year, compare all the results and then we have a test...

Garbage...

Top Bottom