Check the sliders on the T3's

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
problem with the ice storms is they do not clear the 3" track and rub. we have heated them and put a custom bend into them if you will to allow them to clear the track
I put a set of the ski mounted ones on.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha has sliders made of Dupont's Vespel, we use this stuff in industry for wear rings etc... and its strong. I wonder if they might be the answer? not too sure how to get them in the length the 174's need though... "DuPont™ Vespel® parts and shapes are formed by the needs of each customer. Their properties help overcome severe sealing, wear, or friction challenges, endure high temperature, and stand up to some of the world’s harshest operating environments."

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Install a set of hyper fax sliders n be done with it $ 270.00 problem solved. Spring time they are a must.

Exactly . Been using them for 5 years and still the same ones.
But as Lund said you still need scratchers.
174 X 3 for one of those years and then back to the 2.5 .

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will give you an update Monday as just installed them this week bud.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Install a set of hyper fax sliders n be done with it $ 270.00 problem solved. Spring time they are a must.

I agree, I struggled with the regular hyfax on a boosted Apex a few years ago, finally went to the hyper fax and at you still had to use the scratchers but they lasted way way better. On a 2.5 CE.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit i run RSI scratchers on rear skid and ice storm ski mounted and i'm only 154" X 2.25". Gotta keep them cool.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ok, the ice storms weren't the ones I was thinking of, these were the ones I thought about trying.::: Specialty Sleds - Products :::
Anybody have any experience with them?

I did some testing with those and they sure throw the snow. I don't think they would be long enough with the deep keel on our skis. They are also hard on decking if you get off the runners. There are a couple videos out there showing how they work.

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
I posted about T3 slider wear on Snowest few weeks ago, I got under 200Km on my first set of sliders. I added the T3 wheel kit that skidoo sells. I find the stock scratchers to be too short for the 3 inch track. I added the RSI scratchers and placed them farther back. I've put 500km on this new set up and no issues.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my stock sliders didnt last long,, put ice age rails and hyfax sliders on,, now i dont even run scratchers...

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem not solved, you still need to cool the rails and slider's. I have seen several including myself not getting enough snow up into the rails and the track clips getting so hot that they discolor go soft and break and start damaging the track. One guy i was riding with went and touched the clip not thinking and ended up with a good burn.
You still need to use idlers and scratchers.

Scratchers are given lund didn't think I needed to say it we have been running 174x3 tracks since 1212 with out wheels, just the hyper fax and scratchers will do the trick. Its really nothing new.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are sold out of for the year of the skidoo ones. You are able to buy Iceage rails they use polaris sliders the 166 hyper fax are still available and fit.

Top Bottom