Check Engine light

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Check engine light came on, while loading sled to take in for recall. And then again as i was unloading it. Dealer said light isn't on now. With the ECM on these sleds, do they record the reasons for light going on? Or now that it is out, do i have to wait till on again?
Thanks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine went on once when I trailered it on an open trailer. As soon as I fired it up. Then I restarted it and it never came back. Something most likely frozen up tripping the sensor and now that it has sat in a heated shop no problem.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But if it popped the CEL, it should store the code, no? And is there not a section in the owners manual about retrieving codes with the instrument cluster?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If the temperature light comes on, it stores it. When the technician at my dealer did the 10 hour check, he told me that mine had been on twice.

I would imagine that there would be something come up with the "check engine" light. Dealer may not have noticed......highly unlikely but then again maybe a flunkie doing the 10 hour check and not really getting into it......just my thoughts.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 of our sleds all do it every now and then. Light comes on. Says check engine. Runs for a few minutes and goes off. Unless its staying on I wouldn't worry to much. My 2011 did the same ch!t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled's check engine came on for about 5 seconds after starting it on a cold day, then went away and haven't seen it since... figured it was a frozen sensor as well.
every time i start mine when its cold but only stays on for a couple seconds grip and rip brother

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my sled in this week for some work.. Dealer plugged in and could tell me everything about the sled since new.. Break-in %, hours, miles, graph that plotted throttle position/rpm, # of times i hit rev limit, # of times temp light was on.. Crazy what these new sleds track, it's like a vehicle, plug in and troubleshoot...

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled's check engine came on for about 5 seconds after starting it on a cold day, then went away and haven't seen it since... figured it was a frozen sensor as well.

X2. Its happened a few times.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome if there was an app and we could plug in on the hill and trouble shoot the problem right there if something goes wrong. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sewell386

Reaction score
My engine light has been on since km 1 ran it for abit never came off went through everything and all seemed good, sled has 500km on it now light still on and sled still runs like a champ, if the problem is that serious it will go into limp mode

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine just pops on with really cold starts. It's an estart model. Dealer said its just a low voltage code from the batt being weak after being out in the cold for long periods of time.

Top Bottom