Cheap sleds for sale on kijiji

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Own a turbo and you'll understand why they are worth less than stock.
I do, but value is in the mind of the buyer, to some of us a turbo is worth a lot, to others not so much.

But this is the reason I haven't traded up, pretty hard to have to put another 10k on the table after selling my machine to buy one with a smaller track and less power.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people are asking to much for their used junk. When dealers blow out old stock for cheap the used market takes a beating. I know I’m married to my turbo pro but I’m still in the honeymoon phase and it still puts a huge smile on my face. The Guys divorcing their turbos ditch them cheap because it’s worth it.

Attachments

• 1A0F5048-910C-4E25-A4D1-040CEDCED0F0.png
    1A0F5048-910C-4E25-A4D1-040CEDCED0F0.png
    303.7 KB · Views: 467

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I think there are 3 types of people buying and selling sleds. The person looking for a good used or left over for cheap because they know how bad the depreciation is so let someone else take the hit.

The guy who buys a new sled and knows full well the depreciation and does it any way then sells the sled at a good price point just to get rid of it and buy another new one.

Then the guy who buys a new sled puts a bunch of bells and whistles on it, keeps all the receipts and lists it on Kijiji a year or two old for more than a new one on the show room floor with the "no low ballers" in the add. Then comes on here to bitch when people offer what it's worth.

I fall into category 1 and 2.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Own a turbo and you'll understand why they are worth less than stock.

Ya, I dunno about that.

I bought the second cheapest kit out there, a silber with an external waste gate. I can recall only two issues with it, one of which turned out to not be turbo related. The other was fixed with the push of a couple bottons. Otherwise, I'm 98% happy with it, and it does exactly as it was supposed to.

It runs extremely well, and is honestly so far, a pull and go set up.

Whether or not I'd do another one, I'm not sure- but I do sleep better at night knowing that when I sell it, I'll not take near the loss as those that paid well over double for a sled does nothing more then mine does for the most part.

Last edited:

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there are 3 types of people buying and selling sleds. The person looking for a good used or left over for cheap because they know how bad the depreciation is so let someone else take the hit.

The guy who buys a new sled and knows full well the depreciation and does it any way then sells the sled at a good price point just to get rid of it and buy another new one.

Then the guy who buys a new sled puts a bunch of bells and whistles on it, keeps all the receipts and lists it on Kijiji a year or two old for more than a new one on the show room floor with the "no low ballers" in the add. Then comes on here to bitch when people offer what it's worth.

I fall into category 1 and 2.

You forgot category 4... the guys who buys a new sled regardless of the current depreciation and purchase price. Hopes to sell the previous/older sled, but rather than blow it out says "f'it" I'll keep both and use older sled as a spare in case one of my sidehill ninja moves goes really really really wrong. Keeps older sled on kijiji and AutoTrader all season just in case but willing to have both until older sleds age catches up to the current depreciated price. But I am from "Berta" and drive to the hills with M/T's.

Anyone want to buy a gently used, trail and lady driven mountain sled... lol

Last edited:

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You forgot category 4... the guys who buys a new sled regardless of the current depreciation and purchase price. Hopes to sell the previous/older sled, but rather than blow it out says "f'it" I'll keep both and use older sled as a spare in case one of my sidehill ninja moves goes really really really wrong. Keeps older sled on kijiji and AutoTrader all season just in case but willing to have both until older sleds age catches up to the current depreciated price. But I am from "Berta" and drive to the hills with M/T's.

Anyone want to buy a gently used, trail and lady driven mountain sled... lol

I fall into the 4th category. I seem to have 3 model years between sleds so I’m not getting one every year. Currently I’m rocking out a t-pro a assault and a axis. They do all have different track lengths and power options. Maybe I’ll just keep all three and have a spare for the spare.
The used sled market does suck tho. I’m asking $6250 for a 2014 assault with 1500 miles a fix kit and loaded with options and I have had no interest.

Ps I live in sk and drive to the hills with winter tires

Ps ps guess which one is the turbo lol.

73d09b8cd4230fdb540fa9a8ddf1d8c8.jpg

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fall into the 4th category. I seem to have 3 model years between sleds so I’m not getting one every year. Currently I’m rocking out a t-pro a assault and a axis. They do all have different track lengths and power options. Maybe I’ll just keep all three and have a spare for the spare.
The used sled market does suck tho. I’m asking $6250 for a 2014 assault with 1500 miles a fix kit and loaded with options and I have had no interest.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171112/73d09b8cd4230fdb540fa9a8ddf1d8c8.jpg

The 2 Honda trikes on the shelf really says you are cat. 4. Hahaha. Is that a 85 250R?

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i am going to have to go with the unit torn down completely with boost and A/F gauges on the bars lol

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Yep. I have some of category 4 also. But when you have to many it might be time to liquidate. I sold my 2013 pro with 1100 miles, fix kit and fairly new clutch and timber sled lower a arms in March of 2016 for 5500. And even at that only had the guy who bought it and one other interested. It wasn't in the best shape, has its fair share of scratches, cracks and bends but was medicinally sound. But the guy who bought it was an older fellow and it will live a lot better life now.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
iMHO, the OEM's have pushed so many units to the dealers and in many cases units that they have trouble selling in certain markets that the price has had to take a fall. Recently, I have noticed every year that the used sled market has been getting lower and lower. One of the reasons being all the left over new sleds the dealers have to discount to stay afloat. As shown above, a brand new 2016 Cat for $8500 and everyone has seen the deals floating around. With the economy in the dumps, guys are getting whatever they can for used sleds and are happy they were able to sell.

I want a dependable sled and with the mileage that I put on them in a year, I take a real bath if I keep it for two years. The sled would be quite dependable after the second year and on into the 3rd and 4th year but I can't afford to take that big a hit to keep a sled that long and sell it with 12,000km on it. I also found that the guys that only sled 200-400 km a year are also taking a bath but not as big a bath as the high mileage sleds. I ask my self, when am I going to start buying dealer blow outs and ride them for a year?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems same as allways mods r great till the new iron comes along. I think some people thing mods sleds are just gas and go haha . Thats y some people cant wait to dump them

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2 Honda trikes on the shelf really says you are cat. 4. Hahaha. Is that a 85 250R?

Actually I was not even born when those trike were banned. I Just got into trikes last fall. The one closer to the wall is a 1981 250r completely stock and all oem, the one that’s closer to the edge is a 84 300r they are a blast next time I go down south I’ll be importing a couple 85/86 250r so I can fill that racking up with trikes.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the one with the windshield wiper !

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am on the other side I am looking to buy a next to new sled with under 1000 km estart an all the options for 5 grand . Man am I cheap!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think with Textron taking over Cat we will see fewer of these holdover blowout sleds as Cat dealers always seem to have the most leftovers but Polaris and Doo have, to a lesser degree, been in the same situation the last two years.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
iMHO, the OEM's have pushed so many units to the dealers and in many cases units that they have trouble selling in certain markets that the price has had to take a fall. Recently, I have noticed every year that the used sled market has been getting lower and lower. One of the reasons being all the left over new sleds the dealers have to discount to stay afloat. As shown above, a brand new 2016 Cat for $8500 and everyone has seen the deals floating around. With the economy in the dumps, guys are getting whatever they can for used sleds and are happy they were able to sell.
I want a dependable sled and with the mileage that I put on them in a year, I take a real bath if I keep it for two years. The sled would be quite dependable after the second year and on into the 3rd and 4th year but I can't afford to take that big a hit to keep a sled that long and sell it with 12,000km on it. I also found that the guys that only sled 200-400 km a year are also taking a bath but not as big a bath as the high mileage sleds. I ask my self, when am I going to start buying dealer blow outs and ride them for a year?

The other thing driving prices down is new technology vs old. Look at all 4 brands and what their 2018 line up is, who wants to pay the big cash some of these guys want for old technology. I know my 2009 is not worth what I paid for it in 2013 and won't recover my up grade costs from this year, so we won't be asking stupid cash for it when I sell. Some guys want you to pay for their upgrade costs. The funny one is the guy who bought a sled being advertised on this forum for $12,000 and is now selling on Kijiji for $15,500.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other thing driving prices down is new technology vs old. Look at all 4 brands and what their 2018 line up is, who wants to pay the big cash some of these guys want for old technology. I know my 2009 is not worth what I paid for it in 2013 and won't recover my up grade costs from this year, so we won't be asking stupid cash for it when I sell. Some guys want you to pay for their upgrade costs. The funny one is the guy who bought a sled being advertised on this forum for $12,000 and is now selling on Kijiji for $15,500.

Holy cow....that is pretty frickin cheesy. Someone bought Randy's viper and is trying to flip it.

I agree with those above that the manufactures are screwing their customers over by flooding the market with cheap holdovers. Real nice thing to do to loyal customers who paid full price. Happened to me on my T3. Bought it and 2 weeks later skidoo puts I think a 2k rebate on them.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Can you provide a link link to the ad for all of us? This could be fun...

Top Bottom