Cheap doo sleds

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does this mean there are going to be discounted Doo sleds in the future????

Breaking News
Bombardier Recreational cuts 1,000 jobs
The Canadian Press
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
VALCOURT, Que. — Skidoo and Seadoo manufacturer Bombardier Recreational says it is cutting its workforce by nearly 1,000 as it slashes production by 20 per cent to respond to the global recession.
The privately held company — partially owned by the family that owns a big stake in plane and train maker Bombardier Inc. — said 550 administrative “white-collar jobs” will be eliminated starting this month.
Another 430 shop floor “blue-collar workers” will be laid off temporarily. That's on top of 370 workers laid off in October.
It wasn't immediately known where the cuts would fall at Bombardier Recreational, which has operations in Canada, the U.S., Europe, Mexico and China.
The Quebec-based company said it is cutting expenses to a minimum and implementing major changes to the organization as the powersports industry gets hit hard by tough global economic times.

Wishfull Thinking????

Billy Boy:cool:

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
Get ready for another bailout from the Canadian taxpayers!!!!!

I don't think the Canadian government bails out BRP. They have bailed out plane and trains divisions which is a completely different, private company now. I am sure that cat, polaris and yamaha will face the same situation.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I herd some of the auto dealers are starting to give a two for one sale when you buy a new vehicle. This to get excess stock off their lots due to the lack of sales. Now I am starting to think maybe the sled dealers may be offering up a similar deal if they cannot clear out their inventory???? Like I said before maybe its wishfull thinkingLOL.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Canadian government bails out BRP. They have bailed out plane and trains divisions which is a completely different, private company now. I am sure that cat, polaris and yamaha will face the same situation.

Yah i know but it is far too good an opportunity not to stir!!!!:smiliestirthepot::smiliestirthepot::smiliestirthepot:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah i know but it is far too good an opportunity not to stir!!!!:smiliestirthepot::smiliestirthepot::smiliestirthepot:

With a coalition gov I bet there would be a Quebec based business bailout. Something to think about anyway. There all starting to pay the game...first the banks and investment houses, then the automakers, then BRP..........

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard ATV sales were down 45% (I'm not sure if that was in the states or North America) while sled sales were up. I'd bet these cuts are to ATVs & personal water craft.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone waiting for a new driveshaft for their XP - wait's gonna get a little longer.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That will depend if they outsource the manufacture of the drive shafts.

Top Bottom