cheap clutch mod for 660 and 700 grizz

keith660

Reaction score
I put 27" mud bugs on my 660, I went from 105km to 95 km per hour and the bike was very lazy. I talked to my local dealer about a cluth kit , an employee had the same problem with his 700 grizz, 28" tires. That same day he was talking to a clutch supplier about his problem and they recommended leaving 4 stock rollers in and putting 4 rollers from a 450 kodiak, staggered so everything is balanced in the clutch.( I am not sure if the kodiak rollers are lighter or heavier but what a difference.) Both he and I tried it and it works great, it brought the rpm's back up and both bikes are peppy again. Both bikes lost about 5 km per hour but it is worth it. My bike will go 90 km per hour but it's peppy all the way. It cost me $10 per roller plus a tub of grease.

keith

_Stevo_

Reaction score
will that also work on the 660 rhino? i have the same problem but im running 30's. huge lack of power and im not impressed at all.

keith660

Reaction score
I don't see why not! it should bring your rpm's back up. I don't know anyone that has tried it on a rhino.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for 30's id talk to EPI if i was you. my buddie has the EPI kit and it was cheaper and seems to work just as good as my highlifter extreme kit that i had to have imported for much more $.

and btw epi makes the HL kit aswell

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jamed some 450 weights in mine havent taken it out yet but from what i hear its well worth it

Top Bottom