Chatter Creek

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guys that I know of that cross at the Harbour are the guys from the Chatter Lodge. Dale has told me they go across in the right conditions, but he also said when the water drops like 40 ft, it's a long way down if the ice ever dropped on you!!!:eek: Sure does cut alot of time & km off if you could cross there though!

RN

700Doo

Reaction score
The guys that I know of that cross at the Harbour are the guys from the Chatter Lodge. Dale has told me they go across in the right conditions, but he also said when the water drops like 40 ft, it's a long way down if the ice ever dropped on you!!!:eek: Sure does cut alot of time & km off if you could cross there though!

RN
I know Dale and Dan and the rest of the Chatter crew very well as we were the very first to stay at the lodge.Thats the a-frame building behind the main lodge known as the spruce goose before the windows were even installed,these people have done a ton of work to get this area opened up, originally for sledding but the sledders just couldn't sustain the amount of money it takes to keep a back country lodge going so the switch to skiers was made.They are now booked solid from fall to spring ahead of time with skiers so there is no staying at the lodge until the skiers are gone.You are right about them not being able to stop you but they would ask you respect their area till the skiers are gone as that is their bread and butter,after the skiers are gone you have one month to stay which is usually booked well in advance.They hope to eventually have enough area to support both groups at the same time so we'll have to wait and see.I just hope people respect this excellant area so the traffic doesn't get to heavey and they have it closed up all together for the sleds, that would be a shame as we've seen it happen to so many other areas.
Thanks 700Doo

allrevsrule

Reaction score
Someone booked the whole Chatter lodge April 9-12 2009 for sledding like every room is taken any ideas who did that won't be much room for parking that weekend that place is turning into Boulder! :rant:

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golden Snowmobile Club usually does that for the 1st weekend of open sledding there in the Spring. That being said, there is also a few families last year that went in the previous weekend & was about 30 or so of them. There has also been talk of the VIP ride for BRP to ride up there one year......... maybe they have it. But pretty chitty getting in there with that many vehicles. I pulled my travel trailer up there & stayed in it for the weekend instead of $160 a night in the lodge :eek: Well worth the trip in there once ur there though!!!

RN

knizer8hun

Reaction score
Id like to do that.
Get some buddies(hopefully some girls, too) together with a truck and trailer, and pull it up to the base of the trail there was most people park(out of the way of course:beer:)

Would be fun to stay at the lodge though... I know itès quite the ritsy place, so 160 a night is pretty steep.
The packed lunch thats included better be one hell of a gourmet lunchables!!!

ne1game

Reaction score
I was ther on opening day last year. Cool place! And yes we were told that there is one area open to sleding all year around,but they do want you to check at the lodge.

Attachments

• fine.jpg
    fine.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 110

knizer8hun

Reaction score
Looks somewhat low and open for Chatter?

Gorgeous spot though, and that's a wild picture. Any news on the Donald road or whatever it is to Hope/ Chatter? On SNowmobilegolden.com it say's it's closed still so keep us all posted!

Top Bottom