Chatter Creek

chucker

Reaction score
I am up here in Chatter Creek this weekend. Just returned from a 135 km ride,7 mountain passes back. 36 guys in 4 different groups, we were spread out over a couple of KM. Dale the owner of the lodge (our guide for the day) had fuel flown in by helicopter. Dale said he has never been back as far as we went today. Blue sky, not a cloud all day. A new Rev had to flown out, busted crank. Will post pictures when I return.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Hey Chucker, sounds like you having a great time. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

I am up here in Chatter Creek this weekend. Just returned from a 135 km ride,7 mountain passes back. 36 guys in 4 different groups, we were spread out over a couple of KM. Dale the owner of the lodge (our guide for the day) had fuel flown in by helicopter. Dale said he has never been back as far as we went today. Blue sky, not a cloud all day. A new Rev had to flown out, busted crank. Will post pictures when I return.

chucker

Reaction score
Lodge is now closed. They open for sledding after cat sking is done. Cat skiing was wrapped up on March 28 this year, and sledding started March 31 and goes until the end of April. Rates for room and meals is 195.00/day. (Cat skiing is 800.00-1000.00/day)

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
you can ride in there all winter.... just make sure you stop in on the way in to find out where..... Usually just stay in the chatter valley behind the lodge.

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sure IMSICK? I thought that had changed and you could only sled that area after ski season?? Skiers bug me but I am not going to go there LOL

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sure IMSICK? I thought that had changed and you could only sled that area after ski season?? Skiers bug me but I am not going to go there LOL

I am pretty sure sick is right, you can go all season but you have to check whith the ski operation to see where u can ride

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure sick is right, you can go all season but you have to check whith the ski operation to see where u can ride

Pretty sure you don't have to check, but it is a courtesy thing.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The owners really appreciate us in there to get the word out about the lodge. They welcome us in their lodge all year round to take a look around & talk to them about the areas prior to riding in there. If we don't stopo in there to ask where we shouldn't be riding, then it'll just be another area that gets taken away from us.:mad:
Show a little respect & do the right thing!!!!!
Then once cat-skiing is done for the season, we can get in there to appreciate the amazing area to ride in there......... there isn't an area in BC the compares to it!!!!!!!!:eek:

RN

Grubby

Reaction score
According to there legal tenure they can't kick you out, but it is a curtisy thing.

Bitchbang

Reaction score
Bush road past Donald closed at 50km,BIG SLAB is about to fall down at the rock cut,so much for chatter this year:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Last edited:

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we used to drop down to the left & cut across the lake when water is low at about km 53 or so to get to Chatter................ I know that there are guys that go across at the Harbour when it freezes over; but holy fugg, if it ever drops on you:eek::eek:.
They'll work on that stretch of road I bet, due to the logging activity out past the km 60 or more!!!

RN

Bitchbang

Reaction score
They'll work on that stretch of road I bet, due to the logging activity out past the km 60 or more!!!

I wouldn't hold your breath on that thought,the mill probably won't be there next year.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.............. I know that there are guys that go across at the Harbour when it freezes over; but holy fugg, if it ever drops on you:eek::eek:.

RN

I seem to remember someone riding out pretty far from shore last year.....and doing open water crossings on that creek!! You're boosted now, the trip will take 1/2 as long!!!!

Got that sinking feeling??? LMAO!

Top Bottom